Are you hungover today on new years??

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Check out www.hungover.net Thats where I go when I'm hungover.

But I was the Designated driver, I feel GREAT :nana: !! My fiance had 3 too many glasses of Champagne, she is hurtin for certain.

Check out that site, it has cures, games, etc.

-PSM

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not me, I'm working my 2nd of 3 twelve hour shifts, and in between all I do is sleep. Drinking is definately out of the question for me. I was quite happy sleeping while the rest of you partied.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I just got up too and no hangover but I slept through the whole thing. I went to sleep at 10:00p.

chrisse242

Enlightened
I'm tired as if I had partied all night long. I actually went to seven different partys last night, but drinking was a big nono for me. As writer for a local newspaper, it was up to me this year to report how all the others in my town partied into the next year. I got home around 3 in the morning, had a quick beer and went to sleep.
Right now I just got back from the office where I spent five hours writing. Stupid photographer forgot to write down the names of all the people he took pictures of. Also, we have no pictures of the fireworks: "Oh I took tons of pics, but I deleted the flash card by accident" He didn't even think it was necessary to tell us about that.

Hungover? I wish I was...

Chrisse

joecandlepower

Newly Enlightened
No hangover here.:)

I quit drinking around 7 years ago.

I went to bed a 11:30pm and was well asleep until 3:30pm in the morning when I was awaken by loud music coming from a car parked out in front of our house and they had their interior lights on.
I couldn't exactly see the whole car, but only the front end of it. Being a flashaholic I shined my RR 2xAA out to see a little better. It wasn't good enough so I dug out my SF G2 and shined it out there probably only hitting the front of the car. That was enough for them, they started the car and left after that.

It turns out it was a new neighbor of ours that rents a room from a neighbor down the street and always likes to park in front of mail boxes for some reason.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
No hangover here either.
We had homemade Mimosas (sham-pain and orange juice) at the stroke of midnight this morning; but none of us had enough to become hammered (I just had a mild buzz), and no hangover today.

nightshade

Enlightened
Nope...at work last night and this morning replacing a flooded genset at Stennis Space Center in Ms. Happy New Year to you all! Thanks to the CPF community for making this a fun place to visit. Best wishes in the new year. :rock:

matt_j

Enlightened
I got off work at 1 am spending midnight at some guys house who had a massive heart atttack (it was a save). Funny thing was that while this guy was dying people were cheering in the next room. Nothing unusual but weird a bit. Picked up my girl from the party, got into a verbal fight with a drunk driver, stoped at my friends house had a beer, played with his dog, than my dog. Carrried my girl home. Heard her hurtin all night long. She was still hurting this morning so she couldnt make it to the New Years Concert in Lincoln Opera House with my paranets. I was forbiden to go as well since I have to guard her. She is sleeping now. I gave my old man my car to drive into Manhatan since my Cherokee Sport is smaller than his Silverado. Now I'm worried since my dad totalled every car I ever had.

Hangover? No but seems like a good day to start drinking.

Now the good things that happened:
-surefire a2 came in the mail yesterday with yellow/green leds
-firesteel came in the mail and I've been playing with it
-my dog is more mature and relaxed...

And this morning I felt really happy too. I got up, made me self coffee, than ate some honey/almont crunch while sitting in the chair with my dog warming my feet. I turned on the TV and Mythbusters were blowing up scuba tanks... I felt good even if that was little bit like I was an old man.

Happy New Years everyone.
og.jpg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
No hangover here either. I was up late playing in CPF and watching New Year's stuff on TV. No alcohol last night but I'm a little sleepy today. :sleepy:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. Don't drink too much. I had a glass (16 oz. paper cup) of Sangria. That was it. I filled the cup to the top with ice first, so I probably had no more than 8 oz. Also had a couple of sips of grapefruit juice mixed with Johnny Walker. Most likely, less than 1 oz (literal sips, not gulps).

I sure did eat a lot, though! First, my girlfriend and I went to eat at the Shogun (japanese tepan steak house)(like Benihana's) with my parents, which always ends with us rolling out of the restaurant, gasping for air, because we're so full. Then went to a party and spent the rest of the night singing Karaoke and eating. They had a 60 pound pig on the table (Lechon). Yep, the whole pig--snout and all! Lots of other phillipino food, too--barbecue sticks (not sure if they were chicken or pork, but they were good), pancit (thin noodles), lumpiag (a type of vegetable), bangus milkfish, spaghetti, fruit salad, chips and couple of other things that I don't know the name of.

It was a pretty good New Years.

TorchMan

Enlightened
Nope, not hung over at all. Not one drop of alcohol. I was on call this week (still am actually). Add to that a vicious head cold doing a number on me, and I would not have been drinking anyway. I am feeling quite under the weather though.