Dentist and Light

Reaper

Enlightened
So here it was, Thursday morning and a emergency dental visit. New city, new dentist and thankfully a "right now" appointment. After the bad news, I had to go for an extraction of a rear molar(?) right there and then. As I'm sitting there waiting for the 3 strongest painkiller shots I can get to take effect, I'm thinking - Wow, I wonder what kind of lights and bulbs these dentist use? So nice, bright and diffused. However that kind of thinking disappeared as soon as she started. Kinda hard to concentrate on the overhead light when your head is moving from side to side as they try to jank your head off. Then the pain starts.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many medical lights are from Welch Allyn. Look on their website, and most of their products are for the medical community.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad is a retired dentist. His articulated lamps were a pretty ordinary quartz tube lamp in the focus point of a cutdown semicircular reflective coated lenticular glass reflector (I think). It makes a pretty small spot, so it only lights the mouth and not get in your eyes. My current dentist seems to have the same technology.