Problems with my Everled...

juin21

Newly Enlightened
Hello Candlepower Forum members :wave:,

I've browsed these forums for quite awhile but have not been an active participant. I was wondering if you kind folks could help me out. I got an everled as a present for my gf dad at brightguys (their last one), but unfortunately his homemade flashlight is a 12 volt and thus the everled was placed in my 4D maglite.

The problem is after about 10 seconds of running the everled goes dead. I've ran a search and found that it may be a dead battery. I changed my batteries to fresh new ones and still the everled goes out in 10 seconds. I pulled out my voltmeter and it shows 6.20 coming out of the maglite, which is way within specs. So i think maybe its the maglite, so i put it in my solar powered flashlight, which has a voltage of 2.53 and after about 1 minute the everled goes out again...what gives? :shrug:

Any help would be appreciated. :mecry:

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
I'd address the issue with the EverLed folks. They have always returned my e-mails.

juin21

Newly Enlightened
Hi, All :wave:

Thanks for the replies. Well, my gf dad is a pretty smart guy and I asked him how many volts it was at which point he said 12 and I said doh, it only goes up to 9. So no we didn't put it in the 12volt flashlight.

I think it might be because the everled is overheating??? After about 10 seconds when it shuts off I took out the bulb too put the mag bulb back in and it felt pretty warm to me...oh well. I'll just call brightguys and see if I can return the lightbulb, I still have around 14 days before the 30 day return policy.

I was hoping someone would have a quick fix, but I doubt it. :mecry:

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a bad EverLed. Mine has gotten warm after a few minutes use, but never in as short as 10 seconds.