ArcAAA Premium, Moonlenser v2 and more

makkan

Newly Enlightened
I got the ARC AAA Premium from lighthound today. They supplied a small (kind of like photon) light as a bonus. I compared all my lights in a dark room and this is what I found out:

*The small bonus light (got for free) is almost as bright as the ARC AAA
*The bonus light is whiter than the ARC (ARC is more yellow)
*The bonus light might be as bright as the ARC
*The ledlenser v2 is the bluest and also the darkest (or maybe not darkest, it's very focused, not much spill beam)

I don't have the possibility to measure the light at the moment so I can't give any numbers. But the bonus light, wow, it's so much cheaper and still so good.

This is my first post. I wouldn't have the ARC if I hadn't been looking around here recently....

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was supprised as well by the bonus light I got from lighthound. Rather blue, but very bright.

After using it a few times, the switch stuck and I took it apart to try and fix it. While it was apart, I figured I'd swap the batteries with my old Photon 2 (the freebie is a clone of the PII) since it was getting woefully dim. My Photon wasn't quite as bright as the clone, but it wasn't as blue (although it was still always slightly blue).

When I tried to put the clone back together, I realized that without hardly even trying, I'd stripped out 3 of the 4 screws. Oh well. At least I got some batteries out of it. And one can never have too many spare split-rings (although I noticed that it's backwards compared to every other split-ring I've ever had).

Welcome to CPF, and congrats on the Arc. It'd take one hell of a light to ever replace the AAA-P I have on my keychain.

makkan

Newly Enlightened
How do I know which version ARC AAA Premium I have? It only says ARC-P on it and I think I've read about different versions (up to 4??).

I was looking at http://www.photonlight.com/ but I don't know which is their brightest and best little light. There seemed to be micro lights 1 to 3 and Freedom Micro. If the Freedom is 2x brighter, then it's got to be bright!! Considering our freebie is BRIGHT :popcorn:

Planterz, Why can't a photon replace your ARC AAA? I'm in the post purchase evaluation process....

Last edited:

revv11

Newly Enlightened
I also got a couple of those freebie keychain lights from Lighthound. I was so impressed I bought a bunch as Chistmas stocking stuffers from Emillion. Then a friend saw them in action and asked me to buy 20 lights for him. After he got those he bought 400 more. Now his friends are asking me for lights...

I have an ARC AAA on order. It had better be a really good light.

makkan

Newly Enlightened
I think there must be even brighter lights, of the same kind (size) that are even birghter. Atleast the photon freedom x2 must be even brighter if these freebies are photon 2 clones (they are supposed to be dimmer than Freedom).

Where do you find the best price for the freebies? 400 is alot. What does he use them for?

Actually, I don't know if the ARC AAA is better. For the same price you could have quite a few "freebies", and carrying 2 of them, or maybe even 3, wouldn't take more space than the arc...

revv11

Newly Enlightened
Where do you find the best price for the freebies? 400 is alot. What does he use them for?

I got them from Emillion's Workbench for $.60/ea. My friend is using the 400 lights as a giveaway to his customers & prospects.