Its 2006....

Flashlight Enthusiast
....what new flashlights do you think we will see from SF.

New incandescents?

New leds?

New hybrids?

Other?

Will they introduce a model using the new K2 Luxeon?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I am hoping from primarily more luxeon surefires...

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
In all seriousness, I am quite excited by new lights that may come out of the DARPA projects. Size15's had some facinating pics of some lights in another thread. I suspect we will see an exciting time for new SF lights this year and beyond. The use of optics, beam shapers, K2 luxeons. I eagerly await the new lights and I want to buy them NOW! Get'em out!:D

Learjet

Enlightened
Oops, now my post is out of sync.

What is this K2 everyone speaks of and where did the Lux II and IV go? Something they have against even numbers?

nc987

Enlightened
Just a personal feeling that Surefire will debut a HID light this year. I think they will expand on their lights also with more TIR systems for the 5w LEDS. Darpa thing has got me interestted but we are a ways from seeing those I reckon. Also eagerly awaiting the SureFire headlamp. Guess we will see in the next few months.

Flakey

Enlightened
rechargeable M6 ...... duh! why havent they already made this one?

REGULATION IN ALLL SF LIGHTS!

thats what i think they should do anyway =)

tron3

Banned
I want to see a 15-20 million CP flashlight in LED. The power drain might not be much less, but it sure won't give off as much heat. The glass lens should be magnified as well. Yeah baby!

Sure, there is lots we can do with circuits, LED's, and bezel reflectors, but I think magnified heads are underestimated, and under utilized. I want to see more of it.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I'm hoping to see a few fuel-cell based lights show up. Seems like flashlights would be the perfect application and can you imagine the runtimes you might get!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, this reminds me i'd LOVE regulated incandescents from SF

Size15's

Flashaholic
I hope that SureFire have some new products lined up for release that make it into the 2006 catalogs (and as such will be on show at SS2006 next month)

If you visit the devil you will find that a new SureFire for 2006 is old news.