Surefires at BatteriesPlus+

Narpho

Newly Enlightened
Just stopped in my local BatteriesPlus+ today and saw that they have a new Surefire display! Real nice selection. I was thinking about a yellow G2 but already have a Maxfire. Thought I'd be better off saving for a E1'something'. I did grab 12 Nuon cr123'ss for 15.00. Anyone have any experiance with the Nuon brand?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently some of the Batteries Plus franchisees are putting in a line of good flashlights. This seems like such a natural. I think this varies as the store near me does not have any really good lights.

Let us know how those 123 cells work out. We can always use another source at a good price.

Narpho

Newly Enlightened
I dont have any fancy equipment, but will provide some feedback on their performance.

Flash...where in NC...I'm in Huntersville.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
B+ in Sheboygan, WI has been carrying StreamLight for years. I get a %10 discount because my employer has an account there.

I wonder if choosing the flashlight brand to stock is a store manager's option?

Wonder if we have any B+ employees on the CPF?

Just wondering.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
jayflash said:
B+ in Sheboygan, WI has been carrying StreamLight for years. I get a %10 discount because my employer has an account there.

I wonder if choosing the flashlight brand to stock is a store manager's option?

Wonder if we have any B+ employees on the CPF?

Just wondering.

I think so. The stores are franchises and the owners make this call. Streamlight seems to me to be a great choice. Huge variety, excellent quality and reasonable price range. I do not think SF's are a good choice. Most people who come in to get a new cordless phone or car battery are not going to just pick up a $100+ light.

Mark

carrot

Flashaholic
Flash_Gordon said:
I think so. The stores are franchises and the owners make this call. Streamlight seems to me to be a great choice. Huge variety, excellent quality and reasonable price range. I do not think SF's are a good choice. Most people who come in to get a new cordless phone or car battery are not going to just pick up a $100+ light.

Mark

If they start people off by impressing them with the power and price of the G2, then they could easily get people interested in buying more Surefires after they buy a G2 and see the quality. Then they'll want a 6P because it's metal... and an E2- because it's smaller and more pocketable, and on and on. Or maybe they hope to attract CPFers.