Anyone tried tooth whitening???

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't tried that product, but have used Crest White Strips with great success. I had a really stubborn stain and they removed it completely. Definately worth the money. YMMV.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to Walgreens and bought the cheapest one of the six or seven brands. I think it was crest. After about 4 or 5 days my wife commented on my pearly whites :)

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
My bro (a dentist) doesn't recommend whitening. I forget the exact reasons.

In one of the recent issues of Men's Health (or possibly Women's Health), they mentioned some reason why they are actually good for teeth. I forget the exact reasons, though. I don't whiten my teeth, and never have, but I remember thinking, after reading the article, that maybe now I should, although, I too, have heard that it really isn't a good idea! It's good, it's bad, it's good, it's bad. Oh well...:shrug:

Edit: I think the reason I heard it was bad was that it may weaken the tooth's enamel. I'll try to find the reason that supports whitening and post it later.

Last edited:

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished the Crest whitestrips. They occasionally caused slight tinges of pain. My teeth were also sensitive to hot and cold for a few days after.

My teeth seem a little whiter but not dramatically so. I may give them another try in a year.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im going to get some gold up in there so da ladys will be in love with me

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tryed the Crest WhiteStrips Premium for about 2 weeks, and couldn't take the pain. I've got some recessed gums from brushing really hard, and it just was not worth the stinging and bizzare sensastion they gave me.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used some Kroger branded "generic" strips last year. They did work, or at least made a noticeable difference to my eye if not anyone elses ;) They didn't cause me any pain, but they are just annoying. All these products demand that you sit around with the dumb things glued to your teeth and it's just not comfortable.

If you want to do it I'd stick to over the counter stuff. 35% hydrogen peroxide is REALLY strong stuff. I think the over the counter in the bottle stuff is only like 3% or 5%. And the price of the over the counter stuff is really come down too. I remember when those crest things were over $50 a pack! Now they can be had for $20 and the store brands of the same thing for even less.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
aint hydrogen perzide real scarey stuff used in rockets? in that percent?

reefphilic

Enlightened
Hydrogen peroxide was used as oxidzer in rocket propellant in the past. Not sure if they are still used in modern rocket. No, the concentration used for rocket propellant was much higher.

mccavazos

Enlightened
There are modern ametuer liquid fuel rockets that us a 50% h2o2 mixture for an oxidizer and gasoline as a fuel.

EVOeight

Newly Enlightened
Those guys who fly around in those backpack rocket belts use pure hydrogen peroxide as the fuel, running through a silver screen mess that causes it to instantly convert to steam. The last time I watched one of those, his teeth did look very white :laughing:

Arkayne

Enlightened
EVOeight said:
Those guys who fly around in those backpack rocket belts use pure hydrogen peroxide as the fuel, running through a silver screen mess that causes it to instantly convert to steam. The last time I watched one of those, his teeth did look very white :laughing:

This man speaks the truth! I went through the rocket man archives and found this! Look at those pearly whites!!

rocketman_dummyteeth.jpg