• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired source for two-stage tailcap for SF 6P?

lawboy

Newly Enlightened
I have had my 6P fora six years. In that time I haved loved the light and used it a lot. However, it has killed two tailcaps in that time, the second having just died tonight. I am thinking I would like to purchase an aftermarket tailcap, possibly two stage with click on/off if possible. I'd pay up to about $60 for such a cap if there is one to fit a 6P Classic. Thanks in advance for any help you all can give.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Lawboy,

I have used the sandwich shoppe MsC2S 2 stage F C-series DIY guts for modding the 6p/C/M light tailcap into 2 stages, and it is definitely a decent mod for anyone who wants to have 2 stage momentary switch.

However, it will not acheive the task by clicking on/high-off-on/low-off. One could get the two stages by either twisting the tailcap or momentarily pressing the switch all the way in.(like the L2 tailcap).

Good luck with your mod! :)

rikvee

Enlightened
The clickie for the 6P is the Z59, no 2-stage, but a useful improvement (purely for the P-series enthusiasts, because money-wise you may as well purchase the skinnier E2e, clickie is now standard).
Two-stage tailcaps are more in the realm of LED lights,
incandescents like to see the voltage they are designed for.
There is a 3W LED drop-in that Emilion sells, with a tiny internal switch for 1 or 3 W, but it is less powerful than a P60 globe.

Last edited: