• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FM Chrome 3C

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a light I got from fivemega. It's a Chromed 3C mag. The body isn't machine, but the head is. The spring sits at the bottom of the tail cap, which leads me to believe that it has been machined to make some extra room. I originally bought this as a Bam! host, but I think it might be a little on the long side for me. It can be used with three Pila 150A's. I tried it with a WA1166 and three protected 18500's. This setup requires a double click (Pila's won't need a click). It appears that Fivemega replace the original stock switch cover with a different one. I think it's from a Tigerlight, because it has a animal that looks like a tiger on it. I see there is a small nick on the body near the head, but it's been chromed over, so that's how I got it (it's visible in the picture--just left of the flash reflection,near the head). It's just as I received it. It definitely needs lubrication on all of the threads, but I don't have any silicon, so the buyer will have to do that. Also, you might want to make a full length li-ion adapter, as the one FM included was the same one included with his 2 1/2C, and it slides inside the body (even with batteries in it). I think it'd be a great host for a multi lux mag mod.

I paid for $85 for the light. It is still in the exact same condition as when I bought it, it just sits on a shelf.

Shipped price is $80.

I will include a couple of rare earth magnets, as I needed them to make a good fit for the 18500's.

I will include the three protected 18500's for another $15. I also have a potted 1166 for it, if you want, but be advised that a double click is necessary to light it using these cells (AW's). These cells are great for an Tri or Quad mod.

chrome.jpg

Last edited:

wtraymond

Enlightened
Actually that cat-like image on the rubberized switch button is stock Maglite for all 'C' size Maglites. I don't know why the 'D' size Maglites get a plain button and the 'C' size get a logo, but you'll see the same logo around the lens bezel.

That chrome Mag sure looks purdy.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
wtraymond said:
Actually that cat-like image on the rubberized switch button is stock Maglite for all 'C' size Maglites. I don't know why the 'D' size Maglites get a plain button and the 'C' size get a logo, but you'll see the same logo around the lens bezel.

That chrome Mag sure looks purdy.

No kidding! I've never noticed that! I'll have to check the button on my 2 1/2C.
The lens bezel on the Chrome light has had all engravings polished off before chroming, though, so I won't be able to check for the logo on there. I might be able to see it faintly through the HA on my 2 1/2C, though!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny, the 2 1/2C light doesn't have that tiger on the button, but I can see it through the HA on the bezel.

I am also somewhat willing to trade for a KL4, though I'd rather take the money, as I think I'll be need a new cell phone pretty soon, unless I can get it fixed cheaply and quickly (within a few hours). A couple of the buttons aren't functioning properly and one of them is the answer button. There's been a couple of times when I almost wasn't able to answer a call because it wouldn't register the keystroke.

bobbo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Trashman, :rock:

Tryed to post a few minutes ago and a window pops up saying the server is busy,been getting several of these lately?

Anyway,If you still have this light for sell,I'll buy it.Love chrome,just ask Varooj
Please PM me.
Thanks,
Bob

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just when I was considering withdrawing it for a while! I just know I'm going to be soooo curious to see how the stainless steel bezel ring will look on a chrome light. I think I'll be able to see how it looks at Varooj's one day, though (he's got chrome!).

PM coming your way