Anyone have experience with PremierLight ?

Delvance

Enlightened
Hello all,

Recently, my bestie asked for a flashlight with these criteria
-lifetime warrantly
-long runtime
-waterproof and guaranteed
-lifetime warranty
-a nice flood beam
-not too pricey
-tough

What i've got in mind so far are
Surefire G2
Inova X5

Then we came across this light made by PremierLight
http://cgi.ebay.com/PremierLight-PL-7-Flashlight-Black-6-White-LED-Laser_W0QQitemZ5237757055QQcategoryZ106987QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone had any experience with the company, their or that particular light ? It seems to fit the bill and the laser pointer adds as gadget value i guess...i kept bugging him to get the Inova X5, but he wants to know if that light is good first.

Thanks in advance :)

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I've got a couple of Premierlight PL-7's with the red laser option.

Price and build are quite good!
Actual runtime is unknown (advertised and actual runtimes can be considerably different); I haven't seen any reviews, nor have I tried testing them.
Unknown if light is regulated (approximately constant light output over most of battery life).

I have some Inova X5's as well, and the light output and spread is about the same as the PL-7. X5's are not regulated (light output diminishes continuously over life of battery).

PL-7's are slightly heavier and fatter than the X5's.

PL-7's are available without the laser option (normal LED instead).

If PL-7's are to be purchased, be aware that products purchased through the eBay website you refer to may take several weeks before they are shipped! I've purchased several times from this seller, and shipping has taken increasing longer every time!

Delvance

Enlightened
Thanks for the headsup Meeshu :thumbsup:

Shipping doesn't really bother us, we're in Australia so it's going to suck wherever i buy lights anyways lol.

greenLED

Flashaholic
jsburlys did a passaround some time ago. They're built like tanks on the outside, but IIRC, they had a rather big failure rate. Check the reviews and passaround sections for details.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hm ... no idea about Premierlights, but the long runtime you want ... you won't find it with the SF G2. Runs one hour on 2x123.

Inova is better, but as has been pointed out, dimmer and just as unregulated as the G2.

You are asking very much ... a lifetime warranty and all those features you want severly collide with your price point.
I do not know their actual warranties, but you might wanna check into Streamlight and Underwater Kinetics as well as Pelican lights.
Surefire and custom lights that would meet your criteria are out because they are expensive.

bernie

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, other than sharing a general price point and the fact that they are both flashlights, the X5 and the G2 have very little in common.

If the X5 is bright enough and throws well enough for your intended use, it is an outstanding light. Someone recently modded one with Nichia CS LEDs and a DB regulator. He was driving them a bit hard, but I think even just swapping the LEDs out and just using the resistors would be very bright and shouldn't cost you anything in the runtime department.

Granted it isn't the brightest light, or the best throwing light, I still think of the X5 as one of those 'must have' lights... great runtime, great flood, a nice size and still pocketable, the lithiums allow for great cold weather use.

But they don't throw for crap. Anything beyond a large room and the light isn't likely to impress.