the endless search for a DORCY 2AA 4LED flashlight

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
I use very cheap copies of the dorcys as hosts. While I like the features of these light, I absolutely do not like the machining which is crappy. So decided to get the original (even as they are expensive, compared to MMs f.e.) hoping they offer better quality.

With several searches the last weeks, I just found one shop (brightguy) who offers them (for 11,--, half the retail), but they woudl charge me shipping costs of 68,-- for the 2 lights I want. --> way to much.

Target and Sears, and whatever, do not sell them online and mentionned I should "check at my local store". Difficult as they are not present here.

Does anyone know an online store selling the 2AA 4LED?,

or, has anyone seen them recently when visiting the local hardware store and would be willing to get 2 of them for me, and send them here?
I would be grateful, but could only offer to do the same should there, any time in the future, be something only available here (of course I do PP Your expenses).
When possible gold color.

Greetings

Klaus

roknrandy

Newly Enlightened
The kmart here normaly carries them all the time but the last couple of months they sell out as fast as they get them in. I was going to get 2 or 3 to toss in the cars but I can never catch them on them in time. I didnt think they were that popular.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the Dorcy 2AA 4-LED selling for $20 at a new Walmart store, but the other Walmarts I visited did not have them. Most of the Walmarts in my area sell the Dorcy 1AAA.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klaus-

I'll look for these lights. How much $US are you willing to pay? The prices seem to be all over the place.

I'd be glad to send them to you as I am sure others here on CPF will. Are you sure BrightGuy wants $68? That seems very excessive for postage to Europe. Does this involve some type of tariff?

Mark

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mark,
thank You very much for the offer, means running around for "nothing" ...
When they are not too easy to get, any color would be ok (gold still favorite), even normal retail prices (~22,-- each (?)) are ok.
There is absolutely no urge in this, please just dont forget when You see some the next time.
PM for details, as soon as You can give me an update? :)

I got an answer from brightguy, that they only use UPS worldwide Express, and that this will be the 68,-- (does not sound to happy with this price also)

candlepowerforums --> there You are helped :-D

Klaus

PS: did I mention 2 pieces?