E2D LED

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know when this will be released? Does anyone have any information about this light? Thanks

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
A KL4 head fits onto the E2D body. That's costlier as you have to get the E2D first, then the additional KL4 head, but it's an option.

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
Thanks jsr. The problem with the KL4 is that it's shaped differently than the E2D. Specifically, it doesn't have the crenulated bezel and it doesn't look as good. The E2D is a pretty cool looking light, if it came with a decent LED, preferably in the 150 lumen range (yeah right), it would be worth buying.

a99raptors

Enlightened
Read in a recent magazine that is might be coming out soon. Watch out for the Shot Show in February. That's when Surefire will showcase their new product line.

magic79

Enlightened
Aaron said:
Thanks jsr. The problem with the KL4 is that it's shaped differently than the E2D. Specifically, it doesn't have the crenulated bezel and it doesn't look as good. The E2D is a pretty cool looking light, if it came with a decent LED, preferably in the 150 lumen range (yeah right), it would be worth buying.

I'd be happy with one as bright as the E2D's 65 Lumens!

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
I switched my KL1 head from my E2L and put it on my E2D, worked but like the previous poster does not have the scallops and is also HA-OD and not black so it would look wierd during the day.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The flashlight bezel in Don's photos linked to above is likely what is called the "ICE".
It has not been released and it is not new. All of them that I have seen have been gifts from PK and have his logo.

Perhaps it should have be released but I'm not sure it will be. I believe SureFire have even better optics now and I would much rather see new bezels being released featuring new optics.

Regarding the "E2D LED" or as I prefer "L4D" - since the E2D's crenelated bezel ring is interchangeable with the bezel ring of the KL4 it shouldn't be a problem making your own as some have done.

Shelby Chan made one using an E2D and a KL4-BK-WH - it looks great and I suspect it would be a simple model option for SureFire to release.

Bogie

Enlightened
I have E2D that I have a black Kl4 from a scout light on that I swaped the Crenulated bezal from the original E2D head onto.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose that another option would also be to have an E2D head converted to LED. This would involve maching the head to accept a modified McR reflector and a light engine. The lumen output would depend on the light engine that you put into it.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some it takes a little bit of heat. For others it takes baking in a toaster oven at about 170 to get the epoxy to let loose. Once I get the head heated, I put it into a vice with protected jaws and then use a strap wrench.