Craftsman LED hat

h_nu

Enlightened
Maybe I missed a post but I hadn't seen anything like this until I saw my brother wearing one.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=03493353000&tab=spe#tab

My brother says it makes it easy to always have a light. Someone gave it to him for Christmas. He isn't a flashaholic but he does always carry a Dorcy AAA which is now shiny silver as it is very worn. I will have to check with him to find out what kind of batteries it uses.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is great, its about time they started doing weird stuff like that.
a li-poly woven into the fabric, with a head snap switch , and a hat rack with induction charger, is next.
home is where you hang your hat.

h_nu

Enlightened
I don't have the battery type yet since my brother is on an off shift. He will get back to me.

I thought it was interesting to note that the web site didn't mention battery type. You would think it would be listed.

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
That is cool. I just checked and they are supposed to have them in stock at the Sears store near me. I think I'll have to go check it out tomorrow. I'll look so cool walking down the street wearing that hat and carrying my 15 mill. Thor over the shoulder, dressed in a t-shirt and shorts with black tennis shoes and knee high white socks.:crackup:

Vee3

Enlightened
Yeah, it's okay I guess. I just wish they would make one with the solar panel powered head-cooling muffin fan like Sharper Image used to sell about 10 years ago.

Now THAT would be "cool"...

Arkayne

Enlightened
heeey cooool! Sears is a block away! I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

oh what's this on my desk? MJLEDS? I smell a mod coming.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my brother one a while ago. IIRC it uses coin cells..it's kinda novelty-ish, but like was said above it's something you could really get used to having..

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
Well, I went and looked at the hat. I found two different ones. One for $15 that just had two while leds and the $20 one with two white and two red. I also found a pair of safety glasses with four leds on them for $20. So, $55 later, sitting in the car, I had to ask myself, "am I really a flashaholic?" When I went in I thought there was a chance I would probably buy the hat, but two hats and the glasses?:sweat: Is there something wrong with me? When I was walking around the apartment building with the hat turned on I got called a wierdo three times and it didn't even bother me :naughty:

h_nu

Enlightened
The model my brother has is the one with two white and two red LED's. It uses two CR 2032 coin cell batteries.

pilot4x4

Enlightened
I saw a hat like that at Lowes. It only had 2 LEDs but they appear to be very bright (it's hard to tell in the store). It ran on coin cells, I can't remember the size. I think the price was around $14.00. In the Lowes we shop at they had them on a small rack near the counter where they make keys. Next time I go I'll try to remember to take a look and get a brand name off of it, and an item number.
John

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
hawkchucker said:
How do you wash it? Check this out instead. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/103918

I don't know how to wash it, I don't know if I can even wear it in the rain. I don't know how to pull out the leds and put in brighter ones (they're sewn in very well). The one on my key chain is definately brighter. I never said I put a lot of thought into these before I bought them. I don't even wear a hat normally. But I do wear safety glasses at work so I'll use those more often.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Err, thats interesting. I think terk has a clip on deal for a hat, then a hat prewired with a small lamp and battery pack.

What ever happened to the led gloved? I thought those were interest.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
What ever happen to the led gloves? Were they any good? When I ever work on something, my problem is getting the light where needed. Something almost always blocks the view in my experience.