Just completed my Mini-HID-R

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just out of the Shop :) This Mini is .250 longer than the standard unit to provide room for the regulation part of the Battery Holder. It accepts 4, CR123's or 2, 17670's or the Pila equivelent and is regulated to 11.4 volts output.

Mac

Mini_HID_R_1-vi.jpg

Mini_HID_R_2-vi.jpg

Mini_HID_R_3-vi.jpg

Mini_HID_R_5-vi.jpg

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great work. Are you planning on offering these with the regulation included?

Curtis

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome.

Have you tried machining the head to where it was a 45 degree angle instead of the normal curves on the mag head? You could do that and leave as is or put the fins into that. I think that would be cool and make it look even less like a mag and more custom/etc.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
cue003 said:
Great work. Are you planning on offering these with the regulation included?

Curtis

Currently I have no plans to offer these with regulation. I do have access to 2 additional holders and would need a commitment before I purchase them for anyone interested. I have 9 Ballasts and Lamps on order that I expect by next week.

Mac

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
Awesome.

Have you tried machining the head to where it was a 45 degree angle instead of the normal curves on the mag head? You could do that and leave as is or put the fins into that. I think that would be cool and make it look even less like a mag and more custom/etc.

I'll try that and see how it looks. I need to finalize my plans as I'm going to be doing a batch of HAIII natural coated lights soon.

Mac

KingSmono

Enlightened
Drooooools... Dibs on a HAIII, Mini-HID-R, w/ UCL, and OP Reflector!!! :)

Any idea on the runtime in regulation?

-Allen

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
KingSmono said:
Drooooools... Dibs on a HAIII, Mini-HID-R, w/ UCL, and OP Reflector!!! :)

Any idea on the runtime in regulation?

-Allen

I have been using a regulated holder made by Burnt_Retinas in my SilverLegacy MiniHID with 3" Turbo Head that holds the voltage at 11.38V.. Runtime with 2x 17670 (1600mah) Li-ion is between 35-40 minutes before shutdown. Output is very bright and constant for 99.9% of the runtime. :rock: