OMG, Texas is going to win?!?!

TorchMan

Enlightened
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I can barely believe it. Not only was it a good game, but we won!:goodjob: :rock:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulation to the HORNS. BIG VICTORY for the state of Texas. Hopefully one of these years my Aggies will get back in the swing of things when it comes to football.

Until then UT is holding it down for TX.

Curtis

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Great game. Better than 90% of the Super Bores, I mean Bowls, that I have seen. Congrats to Texas.

LMU

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
It was a really goog game. Even though I was rooting for USC(Hey, I live less than an hour away from USC and pasadena), the way that they were playing, they didn't deserve to win.

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
USC was out-coached this time. Those two 4th down calls were not good plays. That would be Leinarts sneek that didn't make it and White's piling into a stacked line. The other bad play was Bush's lateral. That had to have been talked about prior to the game. It's hard for me to believe that a star running back would have done that unless it was planted in his head before the game. You'd think he have more discipline than that.

Vince Young is a beast. His passes were efficient and accurate. Congrats to Texas even though I still don't care for Mack Brown. He coached the game well, so hat's off.

KingSmono

Enlightened
Am I the only one who was disturbed by the HORRIBLE officiating??! I mean, to botch a call that gives a team a touchdown is inexcusable! Those points could have determined the winner of a championship game! Texas played great... don't get me wrong... and USC had many uncharacteristic errors... but I hate how the game could've turned out differently if the refs would've been on point. :shrug:

-Allen

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
That wasn't the outcome of the game. They probably would have scored. But you're right. The other call was the Texas catch and forced fumble that was called an incomplete pass. Texas is a great team. It could have gone either way.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
and...how about the last series of the first half when Texas clearly interecepted but it was ignored and USC got a field goal.

For the rest of the game we got to hear over and over and over about VY's knee being down, not that it mattered, they couldn't stop Texas at that point anyway but the the interception was quickly forgotten by the announcers. There were a few bad calls but overall and compared to the WVA vs GA game, it was good.

I could almost hear the media crying at the end of the game. I love looking back at the pre-game quotes from the media, "USC will win with ease" "It will be close in the first half but USC will win going away". "USC will win comfortably" and on and on.

How about stats:
Reggie "Heisman" Bush and LenDale White had a combined 206 yards on 33 carries. Vince Young had 200 yards on 19 carries.

Matt "Heisman" Leinart was 29 for 40 passing and Vince was 30 for 40. Matt had 98 more passing yards.

Vince Young had 467 all-purpose yards and Reggie Bush had 177.

USC is great. If they played 10 times in the Rose Bowl they would probably beat Texas 7 out of 10 times. But, if they played at a "neutral site" 30 minutes away from the Texas campus I think Texas would win 7 out of 10 times.

If Vince comes back for his senior year Texas will be a pre-season #1. If he doesn't come back they may not be a pre-season top 10.

Texas is the National Champion in Football as well as Baseball. Can they pull out another miracle and win in Basketball? Not likely but a guy can dream.

Hook em.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Because of the least two nights of Games, at 8:15P CST I'm just about to shut down and hit the hay!

WTG UT! Maybe the botched call would have mattered, but it looked as if Young had everything covered!

nighthawk

Newly Enlightened
im just glad that the horns won national champs. trojans were all about hype. texas was disrespected just like the huskers back in 94 when they finall beat the crap outta miami in orange bowl.

KingSmono

Enlightened
There is no doubt that Vince Young had an amazing game! But my gripe is that the refs are *still* botching calls... even with the replay system implemented!!! It's a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, so they should take *extra* precautions to make sure that the game is fairly reffed. And by *fairly* I don't mean if they botch a call in Texas' favor, that they should botch a call in USC's favor to makeup for it. :rolleyes:

-Allen

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I lost a bet as well as any hope of Texas repeating next year. Vince Young just announced he is entering the draft Oh well, maybe year after next we'll have a good team again. I'm glad I taped this year's game.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
KingSmono said:
There is no doubt that Vince Young had an amazing game! But my gripe is that the refs are *still* botching calls... even with the replay system implemented!!! It's a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, so they should take *extra* precautions to make sure that the game is fairly reffed. And by *fairly* I don't mean if they botch a call in Texas' favor, that they should botch a call in USC's favor to makeup for it. :rolleyes:

-Allen

If your talking about Texas' first touchdown, when Youngs knee was on the ground when he pitched it, the Monitors in the booth were crapping out. The replay didnt come on the screen, somehow it got screwed up.

Conspiracy?? Dunno.

But I'm glad they won.

Go Gators!