1 cell UV

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a quality 1 cell UV led flashlight

does anyone have any sales links /product links to such??

for somereason i didn't turn up my in my searchs

thanks

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
greenlight said:
Inova X1 uv. 1AA, hard anodized, AR glass lens.
Pallight UV.
ArcAAA UV.

thanks any links to pallight greenlight?? my pc must be spaz today i and having trouble w/searching stuff i dunno

thanks all for the great tips

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of times it is quite easy to make/mod your own UV light. I've owned UV lights from Peak, Inova and a couple others (but none from ARC) and they usually put out quite a bit of visible light.

Though it's far from what I would call a 'quality light' my current favorite 5mm UV light is one I did using a Coast button cell host and a 375nm LED of unknown origin. A CPF member gave it to me and I can't remember who it was or where they got it. But it was labeled as a 375nm LED. I've used the 390nm LEDs which are OK, but not in the same ballaprk and the 360nm Fox LEDs and I prefer the 375 to the others.

The Dorcy 1xAAA is another favorite light to mod. Not the prettiest light around, but it gets the job done.

IMG_1821a.jpg

IMG_1822a.jpg

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
thanks cratz it's an interesting idea to mod one might also try that too

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not crazy about the idea of button cells, but I've probably inspected 50 bathrooms with the original fresh cells and it's still going strong. Other than the initial 'playing with the new light' stage, UV lights tend not to get as much constant use as other LEDs so they are usually very cheap to run, even on expensive cells.