ALX-233C input wanted

vic303

Enlightened
HI all, just looking for some user input/reviews of the Nuwai ALX-233C light. I know there were some folks who got them on sale from LED Experimenter but I did a search and couldn't find much in the way of reviews of performance etc. I did read the LED Museum review but it doesn't have runtimes or throw/output numbers for comparison, and Flashlightreviews.com doesn't list the light. :(

I'm especially interested in runtime on alk & Nimhs, and throw.
TIA,
Vic

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
I bought this light for my brother-in-law for Christmas. Sorry, but I cannot help you on the specifics. I *can* say that it appeared to be a very well-made, solid light. The brightness was good, but not overwhelmingingly so. All I know is what was listed on the package:

• 3 hrs - 100%
  • 6 hrs - 50%
  • 24hrs - 25%
  • 6 hrs - flashing

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've have 3 of them. I use them as 3 cell mag replacements. Throw is good, beam is usually quite white. It is a really good looking light with a nice finish. The best thing is the 3 levels of output. I get about 3.5 hours of runtime on high.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one and its quite large for a 3 C light
I use it as a main light when I walk the dog at night, good throw, plenty of spill, nice white light. Definately worth the price

Randy555

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if you using rechargeable nimh C to extend runtime is ok and will not damaged the alx-233c?

Cheers,:)
Randy

yekim

Enlightened
I had the 332. I am curious if any of the guys that has the 233 if they can see if there is a draw when the light is shut off. After about 3 months my batteries were drained, even though the light was put away and not used, and not inadvertently turned on in the sheath. I think that there was a parasitic drain.

I got rid of the light after it ate the second set of batteries for no reason, there was not point in keeping it around as a backup light if it was going to eat batts and not have a L.O. function.

IF it were a daily use light then no biggie.