Kl1 Battery Options?

Anthony C

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I finally ordered my first 'nice' light. I was planning on getting an e1l off of amazon (had a gift certificate). But today the store put a KL1 Head on there. So I ordered a KL1 and a Vital Gear Fb1 Body from lighthound. Now I was just thinking if you can run the KL1 with 2 cells on the e2. Are there any more powerful batteries I could use in my light? I did a search and found some rechargable 123's that run at 3.7v are there any other options, or is this a bad Idea?

Thanks

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
It will run fine on a single rechargable R123, see lighthound info for reasurance. don't forget it's regulated so all you need to do is get it into regulation, which one R123 and a single CR123 will do , it works better on R123 but you have to be aware of over discharging the rechargables depending on which ones you buy, but you don't have that worry with the primary CR123 batteries.

nice choice of light, I was thinking of geting the same set up, and running on R123's but just bought the FB1 body to go with an L1 head,

Mark

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice combo! I love the look and the size of the KL1/FB1. I also have an E incan head with an MN01 to swap.

The KL1 is good on three primaries (9+Volts), so anything you can stuff in a one or even two cell body should be fine.

Mark

AlienRFX

Newly Enlightened
Flash_Gordon said:
Nice combo! I love the look and the size of the KL1/FB1. I also have an E incan head with an MN01 to swap.

The KL1 is good on three primaries (9+Volts), so anything you can stuff in a one or even two cell body should be fine.

Mark
Interesting as I called Surefire today to ask if my E2L is compatible with R-CR123a batteries and the guy blankly stated no, However I feel this is just to covertheir *** and that I doubt Surefire's warranty will stand up when using rechargeables and somehow the KL1 head malfunctions, However I would like to use 2 R-CR123a's in this light if it safe to do so with any concern of damaging it.

PJ

Enlightened
If you can find a 3x123 body you can fit 2 AA batteries in it. Some kind of spacer is needed to stop battery rattle. I have used a Vital Gear twist body ( no switch on the tailcap) with a KL1 and 2 AA nimh 2300 mah cells and it works pretty good.

nightshade

Enlightened
DSpecks UBH (Universal Battery Holder) lets me use 2- 2500Mah Nimh batteries and a McGizmo 2 stage tailcap or stock SF tailcap. Useful combination for emergencies, etc. :) Use my KL4 in this way as well as the Arc LS lights depending on need.

Anthony C

Newly Enlightened
Ok Im trying to get this straight, is the KL1 regulated at 3v, so even if I ran 2 cells its going to be the same brightness, just run longer?