Thanks Brock!

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Hey there, I'm new to the forum, but looking fwd to being a part of such an enlightening communtity (sorry, couldn't help the pun). My thanks to Brock for clearing up the pswd snafu. I've been lurkin' for a little bit and want to thank all of you for some very fine advice. I can now officially add torches to my list of fine acquisitions (along with knives, multi-tools, GPS, compasses, etc).

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard, JackStraw.
smile.gif
How about posting some details of your gear favourites ? Choose your forum, and just go for it !

And well, I was looking to say a big thank you to Brock too.
I realised recently that I owe him many thanks for some good advice and stuff.

ONE, I found Brock's site while searching the Internet for info on lights. And what did I see, but an intriguing note:
"Check out Candle Power Forums. A message board to ask questions about all sorts of lights, and I get to moderate!"
I clicked on the link, and found CPF. Wasn't even quite sure what a message board was, but WOW, I thought I was in Wonderland !!
[It took me a time before I posted something, (and then even longer to fully realise that if I had an issue, I could actually ask a question, and then get serious advice on it ...... ). ]

TWO, Brock said ages ago, something like "Once you go Lithiums, you never go back." I pondered long about this confident statement. I've begun to see that this is the way I want to go too. (I think I'll start a new topic on this - see, I can ask that question, and get different views from people what knose the answers ! )

THREE, Brock said ages ago, something like "The E2 is the same bezel diameter, but way shorter than a Mag 2AA, and it has a 60 Lumen output".
And that made up my mind that the everyday light I wanted was the E2.

Yup, he's not just a pretty face ......

lightlover
wink.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
Uh oh, I hope I haven't made to many people buy to many lights
wink.gif
My intention has always been to let people know what the lights are before they buy them, rather then getting them and not liking them. I am a big believer that almost every light has a specific purpose. For some people one light is the best, while other people it might not work at all, so I want people to understand each lights pro's and con's.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I wanted to say thanks to Brock too, for all the great advice and info. Before I found this site, I only knew about mini Mags and the cheapo supermarket throwaways. Now I realize that there are just a *few* more products than that out there.

In reference to the above post, is that true that the Surefire E2 is the same size as a mini Mag? That seems pretty small, though I've gathered that the Arc LS will be about that size too? True?

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
SEE BROCK....you really do have a Wonderful Life.....

I'd have a roof over my head if it wasn't for you Brock,....BUT NOOOOOOO I dumped all my money on flashlights....

Denix

Newly Enlightened
It seems that finding this forum through Brock is a common occurance!!

Same thing here too... Unfortunately, I'm from Canada, which means that a good price for a Scorpion is $60, cheap 123 batteries are $6 a piece and the only way to get a Surefire is through a second bank mortgage
grin.gif
grin.gif

So while I can say "Thanks Brock" for fueling one of my numerous passions, my wife thinks you're nothing but trouble!!!
grin.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
My wife think I am nothing but trouble also, but she says it is better then a lot of other "hobbies" a guy could have
wink.gif
I have to put my blame on Craig cuz I don't have anyone else to blame
wink.gif

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
I'm starting to think maybe I was better off when my pswd was not operative! My wife has been warning me about the cost of my hobbies - to which I recently replied, "Yeah but with this really neato UV LED Keychain light I can see the hidden icons while using the Visa card." She was not impressed....but is wondering when HER Arc LE is going to arrive (last time she asked was when I whipped mine out to help put a shelf up in the baby's room). Hopefully nothing new & amazing will come out for awhile that I just have to have (cuz Brock recommended probably
wink.gif
).

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I place the blame for the zillion hours I spend here squarly with Brock. It was through his site I found this forum all those years ago. Before then I only suspected I might have a thing for lights. Now I`m certain and thanks to him have the full blown deseise...Craig was no help either. Well...one thing is I can type a little faster. Now, if I could only learn to spell. Thanks guys
tongue.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
darell, just for you LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Heynow JackStraw, are you from Wichita?

I think I've seen your name over at BF. If so, good to see you over here too! Like you I am new here and have already gained a wealth of information and knowledge. I lurk mostly and have added flashlights to my list of things to buy.

Shine on,

S.