What is your favorit type of flash light?

Navck

Enlightened
Multilevel lights. Like HDS EDC, Arc 4+
Great lights, compact size, does a lot.
Quick question... Do you use weird 10+ dollar a cell D cells in that 6D M*G? If so, you must be a neighbor/jogger I keep seeing every few nights

carrot

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

I'm sure if you hang out on CPF long enough you'll find a replacement for your 6 cell Mag... Kinda heavy for EDC (every-day carry) don't you think?

My favorite type of flashlight... I like durable, reliable, and pocketable flashlights. I don't care if it's incandescent or LED... I like both, each has their own strengths.

My favorite light right now... that's a toss up between the Surefire G2 Nitrolon and the (discontinued) Arc-AA. When I buy my Surefire E1e that'll probably become my favorite because it is tiny but powerful.

Take a good look at Surefire. You'll find that a comparable Surefire light will beat a Mag hands down.

gumdokid1220

Newly Enlightened
yea but it is good for long ranges.

you were right I am now thinking about getting the surfire E2D defender.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the SF U2 for general purposes, the SF M3T for longer throw, and the Fenix L1P for EDC

tron3

Banned
If it wasn't for LED's The flashaholic in me would never have re-awakened. :thanks:

But I do have a 1 million CP, light which is Xenon, I believe. And a Ultrafire that uses four CR123's and Compressed Xenon. Those were exceptions. Basically, it's LED or nothing for me.

ScottyJ

Enlightened
I would say my favorite would be a small variable power LED....like my HDS. I used to be a surefire only guy, until I discovered there are better lights out there (better for my purposes anyway). :)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regulated Luxeons.

particularly fond of 1 x 123s w/reflector, multi-level lights, and 2x123s .

expemples of my preferences flashlights:

sf u2
sf l2
sf l4
hds basic
arc lsh
sf l5
Pelican M6 LED Lux-III HA

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
My sentimental favorites are the old long clunkers, but 2-3 123 cell lithium incans and the Magcharger are my top picks for use right now. Still not sold on LEDs.

By the way, if you want a great long range flashlight try a Magcharger. Much brighter with more throw than a 6D mag, and only half as long. No buying batteries, either, and you can still use it for protection if you have to.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrmm... I think the word that I most like is effecient. I like lights that are 90% as good as a $300 light that only costs $50. I like lights that are 80% as bright as a different light, that is the same size and gives 200% of the runtime.

I mostly like 1 and 2 cell AA and 123 lights.

Ahh... who am I kidding. The last five lights I've bought/built are all over the map: A 800 lumen 2D Mag hotwire, a Mag Solitaire that runs a lowly single 5mm LED, a 3D Mag with 3 R-bin Lux I stars, a 3x123 Xenon light and a Nuwai Q1 modded with a Lux III red/orange star.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I should mention, that I'm starting to like multiple-level lights as well.

Carrot, thanks for the reference to the CPF Specials thread.

SpyderNoir_JHA

Newly Enlightened
gumdokid1220 said:
yea but it is good for long ranges.

you were right I am now thinking about getting the surfire E2D defender.

If you're looking at the E2d, I'd suggest going to a store that has one and handling it first. I work at a SureFire retailer and we get E2d owners coming in and buying E2e's or L2's as replacements. Why? Because the E2d's tear up peoples' pockets. Unless you're looking for an EDC self-defense flashlight, you're probably better off with an E2e.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything LED, I'm starting to like the Fenix lights as they are starting to
churn out some amazing stuff.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like others have said, I'm a multiple level light fan. 2 levels or 20 levels, it makes them a lot more versitile. I still like the A2 with the incandescent and long running LEDs. :)

Blazer

Enlightened
My favourite, not necessarily my EDC is the Surefire 6P. It's a tank of a flashlight, can take a lot of abuse, and although it may not have the versatility of some other lights (Gladius) or the runtime of an LED, I like it a lot. But it's hard to pick just one because they all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Others would be
- Gladius
- M*g 3D
- Streamlight Stinger (Standard, XT or Poly)
- Fenix L1P,

I've got a Streamlight SL-20X LED and 4AA Pro-Poly Lux on order and I think I'll soon be adding those to my list of favourites.