I'm thinking about designing a mod for the Fenix L0P

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
After I decide to buy one and dissect it. I figure the first logical thing to do is make it brighter and give it less runtime. Fenix claims that it puts out 26 lumens, so it is probably driven at about a 1/2 watt. I know from experience that to drive close to 1 watt you need to draw 900mA or so from the cell. So figuring the voltage will sag a bit more with a AAA I figure a circuit that will draw 1A will do the job giving it 40 minutes of runtime give or take with a good NIMH or even better with a Lithium. So what do you think, good or bad.

Last edited:

zapper

Enlightened
Sounds OK. Not for me personally but it looks like it would fit the majority here and that's the ticket. Most of the high dollar custom lights are very bright, small and have a very short runtime. Starts to resemble more of a flash unit on a camera than a working torch but this does not apply to your specs. The size, battery and brightness are good combinations. Go for it I say!!

:rock: :goodjob:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy it. Mod it. Post it. If they ask for it, supply it.

I don't think that you'll get a huge response though since AAA/lux is such an exercise in compromise. The sweet spot for useability is narrow with quickly diminishing returns going in both directions (runtime/brightness). Some modders did well modding arc aaa's to Arc luxs but since the fenix is already a lux , not too many people will spend money for a little brighter fenix that has alot less runtime.

I also think your figures may be optimistic.

Last edited: