First Surefire LED

SF Junkie

Banned
I am about to buy a new surefire LED but I cant decide which of the "L" series I should get. If you have any suggestions I would appriciate it if you would tell me.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, junkie!

First and foremost, decide what you need the light for. Then, figure out how much can spend. Then, goto flashlightreviews.com and theletmuseum.org and review your choices there; also check the reviews on CPF. Or some combination of the above.

Just don't let someone else suggest your purchase, or else you'll have 200 people sugggesting you buy 10000 different lights that don't really fit your purpose.

SF Junkie

Banned
Allright I am willing to spend any amount of money on a Surefire LED and i will just use the light for indoors. So if you have any suggestions (besides the A2) please tell me.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
For indoor use where only 1 output level is required, I'd get the L4.

If more than 1 level is required, I'd get the L4 and a 2 stage tailcap.

nc987

Enlightened
L6, best LED on the market IMO. Ive got a few Surefire LED's, U2, E2L, KL6 head for my M3, L5 and U2, and KL3 head for my 6P. U2 is probably the most versatile given its dial feature. If you want throw the TIR lights pack quite a punch for their size and output. But as far as beam quality goes the L6 is a notch above any LED light I have ever tried.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
the L4 with a 2 stage Flat TOp cap is one of my EDC that has replaced my HDS right now. Sooooo much power yet so small. And you can carry it comfortably too. As long as you aren't using it to spot things 100 yards away the L4 is hard to beat(not to mention Fllaaattt regulation).

Nick

CLHC

Flashaholic
For your indoor use only, you can try out the SureFire L2 since it's already two-staged.

Also the some other unique 2-stage lighting tailcap for the SureFire L4/E2L type can be had from The Sandwich Shoppe. Customize your "E" series flashlights.

greenLED

Flashaholic
What kind of indoors use? Any particular reason for wanting a SF?

- large area light?
- to look inside a computer case, under desks?
- for plumbing work?
- multiple brightness settings important?
- is size a concern?

and, no, I'm not trying to humor you, I'm trying to understand what your needs are. It's easy to say SF U2 (OK, not L-series), L4 or XZ2, but what's a good light for me may not be for your particular use.

I now have a U2, and am liking it more and more. Just last night I was looking for a small resistor behind/under my desk; with the U2 it was easy to change from the lowest setting to a brighter one instead of finding a brighter light - I also use it as a bike light.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
problem with surefire L series LED lights is that they are either throw or flood, none with both other than the larger lights, or lights with lesser battery life. I prefer pelican lights due to their reflector that alow a combination of throw and flood, but if I were to choose a surefire LED light, I would go with the L2. My brother owns one and its rediculously bright.

-David

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Have an E2D incan, A2 Aviator and I just bought a E2L and the E2L looks almost as bright as the E2D incan, E2L advertised as 30 lumens. I bought the E2L cause I needed a work light, I felt the E2D was too bright and I did not like the .03 lumens from the A2, plus the KL1 on the E2L will give more than 5 hours total use as opposed to the E2D.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Green, I have become a fan of the U2. If you just need an indoor light with flood, I'd go with an L4 with the 2 stage clickie. If money's no object, then the U2:naughty:

SF Junkie

Banned
Update: I have taken nc987's advice and ordered a L6 because it is the biggest and I can use it with my Glock.:xyxgun:

nc987

Enlightened
I love you too....

but seriously, great choice, you will be blown away by that light. Let us know when you get it.