High-pressure G60

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've searched on where to buy G&P high-pressure lamp assemblies, and TradeDigit was mentioned. So, my question is, has anyone bought this lamp?

I notice that they mention it as being 120 lumens. The HP G60s are supposed to be 80 lumens, right? Does anyone know if this is the correct item?

Thanks.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I use only lithium-ion rechargeables, I have no need for a 6V lamp. But I've wondered about this lamp, too. Specifically, how much current does it draw? As much as a P61 (2.5A, I think)? Or much less?

For what it's worth, G&P's G5R, the 3.6V lamp that puts out 70 lumens, will not work with an AW 17670 cell. Since that cell is rated at 1.5 mAh and AW's cells should work at currents as high as 1.3C, Thus, I suspect that the G5R--like the Wolf Eyes and Pila 3.7V 80-lumen lamp--draws upward of 2 amps.

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
2 amps? Sheesh. At that draw it better really be putting out 120 lumens. That would make it more of a P61 replacement than a P60 replacement, I guess.

Isn't there supposed to be a G&P lamp that can replace the P60 with similiar runtime but slightly increased brightness? That's what I'm looking for primarily, though a super bright one might also be nice.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's as efficient as the 9 volt 175 lumen high pressure module then it should draw about the same current as the SureFire P60.

rikvee

Enlightened
hidden in the Lighthound.com website under Vital Gear is the VG Lamp Assembly for 2 CR123 batteries, at $10.99, 4 bucks less than the Surefire P60.
I've tried them, and they seem fine to me...

btw, I have the G5R 3.6V globe, and it works well on an unprotected R123, pretty much a P60 in a compact (3P) form....

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
LumenHound said:
If it's as efficient as the 9 volt 175 lumen high pressure module then it should draw about the same current as the SureFire P60.
Indeed, for the sake of my unenlightened brethren who still use primary cells, I'm hoping that the high-pressure (HP) G60 delivers what the HP G90 delivers: high output without high current. Anyone willing to buy one and measure the current?

Mind you, 2 amps isn't unreasonable for a 3.6 or 3.7V lamp that aspires to 70 or 80 lumens. How much current does the Streamlight Strion draw?

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
Well, what I am looking for ideally is a lower-cost, but superior performance alternative to the P60. It would be really nice if this is it right here. I measured current draw of my G2, and it was a bit above 1 amp. I guess that at the same efficiency as one of those 3.7 volt ones, at 80 lumens, it would draw about 1.2 amps, a little bit more still.

If this one could really give 80 lumens at closer to 1 amp that would be great.

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Anyone willing to buy one and measure the current?

I would certainly be willing to buy one (or two), but I don't know if this is the correct item. If it is, I'll get one.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emiliionworkshop is the ONLY site that I've found.

By the way, at 1.8 amps, the 3.6V G5R draws slighly less current than its nearest rival, the 3.7V lamp from Wolf Eyes and Pila. The G5R should deliver about 55 minutes from the original 1800 mAh 168A cell. Wolf Eyes and Pila claimed 50 minutes from that cell. Today, of course, 168A cells are 2000 mAh, and by February 2006 they'll be 2200 mAh. But none of that matters for the G5R, which is designed for heads that fit Surefire-type bodies that can use only the slimmer, 168S/168B (1400 mAh) cells (soon to be 1500).

rikvee

Enlightened
This is a link to Emilion's G5R 3.7V bulb page.
Sorry dagger10k, I guess you're right!
To me, one of the valuable things I learned from CPF is the compatibility of 9V globes with both 3 CR123's or 2 Li-Ions, so you have the rechargeable option without having to change globes, as long as you use a 3-cell body.
To top it off, 3-cell bodies are a good form/function combo themselves, my favorite the Surefire M3, 'cos it has the best grip and ain't too long.

Last edited: