Older women / Younger Men trend

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I myself have been with a few ..... I'm beginning to see this trend in old women going after young men as disturbing. Why? Because these older women offer very little in exchange to these young men. In a older man younger woman relationship the option of a family is still viable to the younger participant but more often than not the much older women are already 'fixed' or unwilling to have a family with the younger man or already busy with tweens or teens. These younger men are usually at an age where they reproducing isn't high on the list but once they enter the 30's and have already invested alot in these older women the disadvantages become apparent.

I bring this up because my foreman is 34 and his wife is 47. He's obviously emotionally stunted and she is apparently taking advantage of the situation.

Thoughts?

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obvious answer of the day: If it bothers you, then DON'T DO IT! :) Other people can take care of themselves...they're big boys and girls...free will, etc...

JM-99

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that amazing contribution to the discussion.....

I agree dating a surogate mom is every mans perogative! But the real purpose of the topic is that to point out that older man/younger woman relationships and the converse aren't equivalent in meeting the needs of the participants. I might also point out that the trend seems to have blossomed in coincidence with the maturing of that generation that featured a boom of single moms.

Make me wonder....

Last edited:

LouRoy

Enlightened
My wife is 9 years older than me.

We had/have two children.

We have been married for 23 years.

Me? Emotionally stunted? I hope not :huh:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really the age diffence isn't the big issue. If a 20 year old male is ready to start a family and a 29 year old female is also (and hasn't already) no big deal. But if a 29 year old female with two kids starts wooing a 20 year old I'd say that yeah, that 20 year old is making very bad decisions getting involved and the woman is also making very bad decisions. One of the key differences between older man/younger woman and older woman/younger man relationships is reproductive options. Older women with kids and with/without reproductive capability are generally taking advantage of these younger men and taking advantage of there immaturity to boot. Show me one situation where an older woman takes in a man supporting two kids and that would be a more equitable situation. Currently I'm seeing these older women given the "You go Girl " High five in popular culture but generally it is a selfish and exploitive situation.

My point is that it really isn't a completely innocuous situation. One individual really ought to know better ie Older women are being exploitive of younger men. Many of these younger men didn't/don't have fathers to guide their mate selections, mainly this is due to the ease of being a single mom.

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi said:
But the real purpose of the topic is that to point out that older man/younger woman relationships and the converse aren't equivalent in meeting the needs of the participants.

It totally depends on the 2 participants though, right? Does relationship here exclusively mean marriage/long term relatioship? Or does it include casual dating, cheap sex, etc?
If 2 people of extreme ages meet at a bar, want to hook up, do it, and say bye in the morning, didn't that meet the needs of them?
:devil:

Edit: Sorry, just saw your clarification. I guess you want to know where the 20 y.o.'s buddies are to stop this kinda thing from happening!

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
I think it's a function of the population dynamics more than anything and the fact that there are slightly more men than women. If there are more men than women that exist in a given age bracket, then it's only logical that one would seek dates outside the age bracket. If there are a greater number of women that are older, that's more than likely where you will find your date.

In addition, there seems to be less of a stigma these days about that sort of thing. Women are no longer just looking to procreate (as if they ever were). It's just now becoming acceptable for women to make a booty call. No biggie really and thank goodness. After all, when young men can't find dates they become restless and start killing each other until the man/woman ratio becomes more favorable.

The alternative is to share (as they do in Bangladesh, although that's more economic than anything) or start dating other guys.

But if you really want to do something about it, figure out how to start a big war. I'll keep your young girlfriend company while you're gone. I'm too old to fight.

Last edited:

rkonieska

Newly Enlightened
Lights on? or Lights off in the bedroom...............tis all a question of lumens..............Hehehe:buddies:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in atlanta there are more women than men.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi said:
Thanks for that amazing contribution to the discussion.....

Oh dear...it appears someone has missed my point again...I will be more clear...

As long as both participants are fully-informed and know/understand each's intentions (i.e. they have children from previous marriages and/or do not want to have any (more) children, etc.) then it doesn't matter. They are grown, consenting adults and as long as the above information is disclosed to each other, it doesn't matter if you, I or anyone else thinks it is not equitable. It may not seem equitable to you...if that's the case, do not partake in such relationships. But just because you don't think it's "fair" to someone, well...it has no impact on the people in the relationship. They have to make their own decisions and come to their own conclusions.

I honestly don't mean to come off as flippant, but it's really not any of your (nor my!) business what your foreman does...if he weighs the pros and cons and decides to stay anyway, it must be worth it to him...if the cons outweigh the pros, he can leave...but it ain't up to us! His decision. (Big boy, free will, etc...what I was ineptly trying to say before...)

:)

JM-99

AESOP

Newly Enlightened
xochi said:
I bring this up because my foreman is 34 and his wife is 47. He's obviously emotionally stunted and she is apparently taking advantage of the situation.

Thoughts?

No offence, however, maybe he isn't the one emotionally stunted. There is only 13 years difference in age. While it could put her into his mother territory you just may be from the back woods if it is a common thing in your area for 13 year olds to be having kids. People often want different things in life. What works for you will not for everyone.

I personally don't want kids, thus an older women who can't have kids may be the way to go.

Sorry if I come across as a bit of a jerk. I would have tried being a little more diplomatic if you had shown Jumpmaster a little respect in your reply to his valid comment.

Michael

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi said:
While I myself have been with a few .....
This being the very first sentence made me think this was gonna be a funny anecdote or something. How can you be so vehement about this topic, when your first sentence is basically :
"Yeah, so I nailed a few old broads in my time, but now it's disturbing and it's ruining young men's lives."

Reading this thread makes me :lolsign:. Not in the mean way, in the entertaining way.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
You can't legislate the relationships of others. Besides, there are plenty of age-matched couples that have "disturbing" relationships also. None of them are my business.

Safety1st

Enlightened
My wife is 8 years older than me....

I've had various relationships, where my partner has been older, younger and the same age....and I personally feel the ones where the partner has been older have worked best...

I once had a 2 year relationship with a woman 12 years older than me..and I thought that was about the limit....as even we seemed to have different upbringings and childhood memories..

My wife and I, despite 8 year gap, were children at about the same era and as a result watch the same TV, listened to the same music etc....

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xochi, I'm curious as to your age. I'm not making any judgements on your comments but am wondering on what age perspective they are coming from.

Empath

Flashaholic
Xochi, you need to get together with your foreman and his wife, and explain to them that he is emotionally stunted and she's an opportunistic old woman that doesn't really care for him at all, but just wants some of that young stuff.

Of course you could just realize that it's none of your business, and let it go at that. One's mate is a very personal decision, and doesn't matter whether it's PC or not, as long as it's legal. We all make our own decision regarding our life's partner, and those getting in the way of that decision is a meddlesome busybody.

HighLight

Enlightened
Maybe ur jealous because ur foreman is :

1. Making more money than u

2. edited for content, this is a family forum... :shakehead:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
Heh, this is a funny post to me.

I mean, if you want to worry about the world, let's worry about nuclear proliferation, let's worry about the fact that 37,000,000 baby boomers are on the verge of slamming right smack dab into the medicare age, which will tax our medical and medicare systems in nearly unimaginable ways.

I mean, if you wanna worry about something, you can go all the way up to enormous meteors slamming into the earth at ungodly speeds, spreading death and mayhem everywhere, and possibly even leveling Graceland.

That aside, let's look at this a little:

Women outlive men an average of about 5.5 years. A little less these days. Therefore, if you marry a woman about 5.5 years older than you, you might be able to cash your checks at the same time. A lot of folks act as if a woman marrying a man much older than her is a good idea, but what happens when that old coot KTB's? You know, Kicks The Bucket? Okay, well gosh, he left her a will. Great, she's got money. But she doesn't have a husband now; she's a single mother without the influence of a man in the house, she's maybe got teenage Girlz Gone Wilde without any reasonable means by which to control them because, gosh, daddy was their favorite. Everything in the world crashes down on her head all at once, and she's supposed to grin and bear it because, gee, marrying a much older man is okay, m'kay.

And let's look at the problem in Italy. Where the mamones (mama's boys) are so stuck and spoiled by their mothers that the losers stay at home even into their 40's, without any prospects. It's so bad over there, with the population numbers dropping so quickly, that some towns have actually imposed taxes on single males in an effort to reverse the trend.

And let us not forget the disturbing trend that indicates that the higher a person's education, and the better accomplished s/he is, the fewer children they tend to have. And the inverse is true. Thus, the movers and shakers don't tend to pass on their qualities nearly as much as do the slackers.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad world out there.

Now, about the younger man and older woman thing, lemme tell you a little story.

When I went to college in Birmingham, there was a centralized hangout place called Five Points. We loved it there, and would flock it every weekend. Welp, there was this piano bar where a lot of older, single (read: divorced) rich women would hang out. You could just tell that they were a different world from us: experienced, affluent, established, connected, and having seen a good deal more of this world than would could have hoped to. They would gather several to a classy table and people watch. It's hard to describe, but in this kinda plaza thingie the piano bar was open front, so that when you walked by you could hear the conversations and the music from the piano. We'd just be passing by, and they'd sometimes whistle or wink, and we'd laugh and do it back.

One night, one of them called me over to the table. Well, I was young and brash, and I thought everybody was kidding, and so I went and struck up a conversation. Funny, because this woman was about double my college boy age. And that's probabably the hook, because she fascinated me. We went from there.

A woman of experience has much, much to offer a young man. I know this, because I had a very enjoyable college career, dating several of these older women. They were rich, knew exactly what they wanted, could show you things that the college girls (as perky as they might be) could rarely hope to match, were more than content with booty calls, and would give you really, really nice gifts. Come to think of it, those women were as toned and fit as any of the college girls I dated. Hell, most of them had huge houses and built in gyms. After my college career, I found it difficult to tolerate the high strung girls in my general demographic, as I had become accustomed to older and more mature women. I eventually did marry someone in my demographic, but my wife was extraordinarily mature and self directed for her age, and still is even to this day.

In a nutshell, let's not assume that all men in their very early to mid 20's are necessarily looking to get married and have children and are thus disadvantaged by a relationship with an older woman. They are looking to enjoy life. If they get that enjoyment via younger women, fine. If they get their jollies with older women, fine again. Whatever floats your boat, I say.

Now, with the issue of marriage, I find it kind of ironic that we accept older men marrying younger women, but frown on older women dating younger men. If we ponder this for a moment, I believe we would find the following true at times: if a younger man spends his days with an older woman, who then passes away and leaves him well funded and middle aged, would he not then be in the perfect, socially acceptable position of being the older, well-heeled gentleman who is free to marry the younger woman?

Gentlemen and ladies of the audience, I challenge the notion that younger men dating or marrying older women is a travesty of social grace. Rather, I posit that it is one of the very mechanisms by which we accomplish one of our greatest societal expectations: that where a man of experience and gain leads an ingenue into maturity, whereby he takes a girl and makes a woman. And I ask you: what better man is there to accomplish this than a man trained on women, who stood fast and full of wisdom, and who showed him the skills he would later need in his quest?:laughing: