SO does anyone play City of Heroes/Villains?

Nomad

Enlightened
I was just wondering if there were any others out there that're enjoying the comic book life in the games, I don't have many friends I play with in the game and it'd be great to meet up in game. :)

Michael

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brother played City of Heros when it first came out. Right now I'm playing Ultimate Spiderman/ Katamari Damachi on the PS2, and Diablo 2 on PC.
Wait, that's not right. I was playing those games, before I found CPF!

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I still have an active account for a couple more months, but I am letting it expire. The game lost it's appeal to me with the latest changes (I5 and I6). They are gearing it all to PvP now, and I have no interest in PvP as it relates to MMORPGS.

Nomad

Enlightened
Bummer about the lack of interest in playing. I've been back for a few weeks after a long lapse in playing and haven't noticed any emphasis in game on PvP stuff. There are only 4 zones in the game out of the dozens available where PvP is allowed...

-Michael

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
There has been no new content for level 50's for probably 6 months.

Enhancement Diversification is strictly a PvP related nerf.

Along with all the other PvP nerfs to make the classes more equal.

For me, one of the appeals of the MMORPG gaming system is that you can have vastly different classes of characters. IMHO PvP is best left to first person shooters.

Nomad

Enlightened
True, or some sort of penalty for doing other players wrong, such as "the LAW" coming after you. It's really idiotic that in these MMORPGs players can kill the characters of other players at will and never suffer for it. And yeah, enhancement diversification totally hosed me, I play a dark melee/invulnerability scrapper. Going one on one with the paragon protectors baddies used to be feasible...now it's just an excersize in using up all my inspirations. I would like to get to level 50 though so I can make a squiddie. :) One of my neices (she's 8, 9 at the end of this month) loves to play though technically that's against the rules (one subscription/one player) but she'd never be able to play if not on my account, y'know? Totally supervised by the way, and the neighborhood she lives in (urban rot in las vegas and all the kids where she's at are wretched little gutter snipes) she doesn't have the opportunity to play outside safely...horrid horrid place.