I think my A2 is faulty. Any thoughts?

SCblur

Enlightened
I recently bought an A2, and I noticed the lamp appeared to have a smokey tint to it. When I compared the beam to my E2e w/ a 25 lumen lamp, I couldn't see a visible difference in brightness, but the A2 was a little bit whiter.

After a day of using the A2 on its first set of batteries, the tint on the lamp is noticeably worse, and there is a small dark brown spot near the tip of the lamp now. In addition, the inside of the A2's lens now has a pink film on it that resembles the look of oil spilled on a wet surface (a kind of rainbow film). It's the sort of film that you can't see from every angle, but when you get it in the right light, it's quite obvious.

What do you guys think about this? Is any of this normal/or any shared experiences? I was wondering what I should do about this? I use this light every day, so I was hoping I would not have to send it in, but if need be, I'll do whatever is necessary.

SCblur

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Another one of these stories again. Well for the amount of money one spends for this instrument from SureFire, I'd call them and see about a replacement. But the waiting. . .

CLHC

Flashaholic
I'm just wondering if the First Generation of SureFire Aviators were better built than the Prevailing Generation of SF.A2s among others. . .Just curious about that since there's a recent trend in complaint/dissatisfaction about these as of late. That's all. . .

David_Web

Newly Enlightened
I don't think thare is anything wrong with any of the later A2s. They probebly just got a bad batch of lamps. Just call them and they will probebly send you a new lamp.

SCblur

Enlightened
What do you guys think about the oily looking film on the inside of my lens though? is it something I should try to clean myself? I just don't want to get particles in my reflector or make a problem worse.