Anyone recognize this A2?

tristis

Newly Enlightened
I got this Sf A2 RD recently for Christmas as a gift. I was told that it came from Ebay and was advertised as NIB but it was obvious that it had been opened and retaped with Scotch tape. I have a couple of A2s already and none of them have markings on the body like this. I am curious if anyone has seen one like this before. Serial # is A50091.

http://home.comcast.net/~rreifsn/Aviator_Rd.jpg

turbodog

Flashaholic
tristis said:
I got this Sf A2 RD recently for Christmas as a gift. I was told that it came from Ebay and was advertised as NIB but it was obvious that it had been opened and retaped with Scotch tape. I have a couple of A2s already and none of them have markings on the body like this. I am curious if anyone has seen one like this before. Serial # is A50091.

http://home.comcast.net/~rreifsn/Aviator_Rd.jpg

Just a point, but NIB means new in box.

Unopened means new in box, unopened.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
My yellow-green A2 looks the same. Check the threads and see if it looks like it's been used a lot (worn threads, dirty grease, etc. Maybe the seller (or the giver) couldn't keep from playing with it.

I have a red one too, it is my "bump in the night" light.

How do you like yours?

Scott

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's mine from a couple of feet:

beezaura2red4bh.jpg

It has reasonable throw, which is sometimes nice. Sanding it would reduce the throw quite a bit. Just depends on what you like.

Scott

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Arkayne

Enlightened
You are in luck! I just sanded my red leds and took a pic. I used 600 grit.
The flashlight is blurry because I set focus on the outlet.

IMG_1388.jpg

tristis

Newly Enlightened
Nice looking beam there Arkayne. I plan on using my A2 LEDs mainly for close up stuff so throw is not that important to me. I'll post some pics when I get around to modding it.

Latest posts