Recommend a spotlight smaller than this one. (pic)

fire-stick

Enlightened
TOO BIG!
vectorv23bw.jpg

My Dad bought this one a few weeks ago. I would like to buy something similar but a little smaller. I don't care if its 1 or 2 million CP the brightness isn't my concern. I don't care if it has high and low settings or led's, I just want something a little smaller and lighter. I would like it to be rechargeable with a SLA battery though.

Thanks Scott

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a thought if you are in to moding. I have a Vector 1m candlepower that runs on a 6v halogen, and is rechargeable. It is fairly small. I am gutting mine to do away with the step switching, and battery. I am going to try and find a 12v, 130 watt bulb, and add a cooling fan where the battery use to be. Then I'll convert it to use a portable batterypack. This takes the weight off my hand, increases brightness, and runtime. This way I can use it plugged into a cigarette lighter, or the optional carry along battery pack. Connecting the 2 in series will allow the battery to be recharged while using the light in a vehicle.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
fire-stick said:
TOO BIG!
vectorv23bw.jpg

I would like it to be rechargeable with a SLA battery though.

Thanks Scott

The battery is ging to be most of the weight and determine the minimum overall size.
I don't think you'll find anything much smaller or lighter except a flashlight and rechargable flashlights are expensive.

You might want to look at some of the mods made to the maglite which give a "bit" more brightness.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
BrightGuy has the Koehler Nite Guard 1 Million Spotlight on sale for $18.95, weight 3.06 lbs. Also check out you local Dollar stores for the 1MCP 6V Dorcy you can find them for around $10.00, It's a nice little light and inexpensive, not as bright as a 12V but it's lighter and hard to beat for the price.

Both of these lights will be about the same diameter as the Vector but should be a little shorter and compact from what I recall.

Later
Kelly

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
There's also a Brinkmann MaxFire Dual Xenon over under spotlight that is slimmer than the one pictured. Brinkmann has another one that has a Xenon or Halogen (can't remember) bulb with a LED that is configured like their Dual Xenon. Both are slim and lightweight and are rechargeable. The later I saw at Walmart for $19— and change. The Dual Xenon at a local hardware store.

moonkat

Newly Enlightened
I was going to recommend a little spot I picked up at TSC (Tractor Supply Co) on sale for $23 ($30 ret) but packaging had no name or specs. Then I saw above "Go light". That's exactly it; or the clone version. Very light; feels like a couple of pounds instead of the massive 8-10 lbs Thors I have, and compact. Got it for my daughter and now keep her light in the pickup. May have to get a "Go light" or one of those Vector 144s to replace hers. The halogen light puts out a good spot and much whiter and artifact free than the Thors. Also, has a built in DC charging cord..ideal for auto.

Nope, no GoLight...found one and they are in the $150 range. The Vec 144 from Northern Tool looks good.

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
The Husky's have very wimpy batteries. The 2.25MCP version only has a cheapo 3Ah battery to run its 100W bulb. Very lame. My 3MCP Dorcy has a 6Ah battery for a good half hour of runtime with the 100W bulb before it kicks the bucket.

I have a 1MCP Vector I got for $9.97 at Lowes last week. I charged it and it's surprisingly bright. I haven't done a runtime test with it yet, but I suspect it should be at least 20 minutes since it's a 4.5Ah battery running a 55W bulb.

I was surprised at how bright it was after I charged it. And it has less artifacts than the Dorcy. I know it won't quite have the throw of my 3MCP Dorcy, but IMO there's not enough of a difference in brightness to justify having the extra bulk of the Dorcy in my gear bag. And if I need an area light for changing a tire or whatever I always have a couple of LED's with me.

I may end up getting a 2MCP or 3MCP version of the Vector (the dual bulb one) because they both run off of the cig lighter. They are a little heavy and large. Wish I could find a small 1MCP that would run off the cig lighter.

Last edited: