Fenix L1P Lanyard Attachment.

clipse

Enlightened
I don't know if this as already been done or not. I did a review in the reviews subforum and mentioned this but I thought I would share it here as well. I struggled trying to attach a sturdy lanyard to my L1P untill I got a 6mm split right from a local crafts store. I threaded it through both holes so the lanyard wouldn't obstruct the clickie switch and bada bing bada boom, I have a secure attachment point. Here are a couple of pics.

splitring.JPG

Now I can attach any of these lanyards securely and easily. :D I'm a happy camper.

lanyards.JPG

clipse

colubrid

Enlightened
Did you use any special tools?

How did you get the ring to go through both holes? Pretiy hard to do. I never got mine through both holes.

clipse

Enlightened
I just used the point of my knife. I went through one all the way then went through the other. I went really simply for me.

clipse

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a great Idea!! I've got two of the clips on my Fenix but looking at your's I'm gonna take one out.

Awsome, thanks
Doug

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash_Gordon said:
The only lanyard you can attach that way is the supplied Fenix lanyard with the very thin cord. The split ring will allow you to hook up any wrist or neck lanyard you like with a small spring hook. The supplied lanyard is not very good or useful, IMO.

Sorry,

my english is not perfect, i did not understood that you did not whant to use the lanyard supplied by Fenix :thinking: ...

Latest posts