Fenix L1P - I want a "tactical on" switch

Tremendo

Enlightened
Hey all, I'm brand new here. I've picked up several light in the past 2 weeks and love my new Fenix L1P. It stays in my pocket, sure I'd like a clip and a low power option, but the most important for me would be to have a tactical on switch (momentary), instead of the reverse (off) that is has. Is there anyway to do this, without losing its waterproof ability?

thezman

Enlightened
I too would like a standard clickie, but I don't think there is anything that can be done to the L1P or these guys would have figured it out already.

They are flashlight geniuses I tell you. :wow:

paulr

Flashaholic
The L1p's attraction is bringing flashaholic features to a relatively low cost mass production light. You could put a tactical switch on it (e.g. make something like a McE2S) but that would cost more than the light itself does. Why not just get a better light in the first place, like an Aleph, HDS, etc.? The L1p is not a tactical light no matter what type of switch you put on it.

Tremendo

Enlightened
paulr said:
Why not just get a better light in the first place, like an Aleph, HDS, etc.? The L1p is not a tactical light no matter what type of switch you put on it.
Understood, good point. My SF U2 arrives UPS Monday, and I just bought some 2xCR123 Xenons as well (Brinkmann Maxfire and Cyclops) which both have the momentary on switch. I guess for convenience I just love the Fenix, but I imagine my U2 will become my "goto" light.