Difference in L6 and m3 Body?

nc987

Enlightened
Ok, so I have a KL6 LED head for my M3T. I want a dedicated body for that head so I e-mailed Lighthound a few months ago about either a L6 or M3 body as I thought they were the same? They got back to me with a price of 85 dollars for a L6 body. I said id get back to them when I had the money(poor college student). So I e-mail thm back this week and im told they have a slightly used M3 body in stock and the price is 125. Now as I understand it both of these bodies are the same and I wasnt aware of any differences. Can someone explain to me the reason for the larger price tag on the M3 body? I cant pay 125 dollars for a M3 body when I paid 120 for my entire M3T new in box.

BBL

Enlightened
I guess it has something to do with demand ... when i have the choice between 'M3 combat light' and 'L6 lumamax' my choice would be easy :)

Flashdark

Enlightened
nc987,

The only difference between the M3 body and the L6 body is the printing on the side and the Z-58 "click-on/click-off" "utility" tailcap on the L6 instead of the Z-41 "push-on" "tactical" tailcap on the M series.

Hope this helps.

nc987

Enlightened
So if the only difference is the lettering on the side......why would one be in more demand than the the other? Lettering doesnt contribute or take away from the bodies purpose as a flashlight in any way i can think of.....

CLHC

Flashaholic
I believe that the SureFire M3 is primarily targeted for the military. It says Millennium Series M3 Combatlight as opposed to Digital LumaMax Series L6 LumaMax. I prefer the first and original. . .The designated labeling that is!

Last edited: