Inova T3 on the way...

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I just ordered an Inova T3 flashlight! Did some research on this forum and I am pretty sure that I made the right choice.

Yeah, I'm a noob and this is my first "real" flashlight... No more cheap $5 dollar flashlights for me!!!

Later!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations I am sure you will not be dissapointed. I have an Inova T1 and T2 and they are an outstanding value for the money. Even though I do not have a T3 I am certain that you will be happy with your purchase.

Enjoy!!!!

Paul

:p

carrot

Flashaholic
This may be your first purchase but it will not be your last. Sounds like a good choice.

Hide the wallet. I recently did a calculation on the lights that I really want to have... definitely wasn't happy with the number -- $585 -- and then there are more lights that I'm pretty sure I want to get but didn't bother counting them.

ginaz

Enlightened
hey JonL,

i have the t1 and am in love. i have smaller lights, i have brighter lights, but something about the "feel" of the t1 really does it for me. it's my desert island light, if you will. cut up your credit cards now!

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello JonL. Welcome aboard. I have been using T3s lately for medium throw. They are excellent lights. It is bright, has a nice round beam (mostly throw), and is nicely constructed. The regulation is good as well. You get a solid 2 hours of non dimming light before it falls out of regulation. Your next step, if you have not done so yet, is to get some primary lithium 123s from batterystation or Amondotech. At a buck a piece, you can't go wrong. I have recently played with the new rechargeable 3v R123s. Unfortunately, the capacity was way overstated by the manufacturer. :shakehead

fieldops

Delvance

Enlightened
Good choice! :) A very nice light, fit and finish from a light priced like the T3 is quite amazing. The torch is best used for medium throw applications and you might want to pick up a holster for it...only problem with T3 is it doesn't come with a holster =(

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Hey Fieldops,

Thanks for the information. What do you think about the Surefire 123A's?

Thanks

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Hey Delvance,

A holster would probably be a good idea, but the T3 will probably never leave my hand...

:)

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
JonL:

The Surefire batteries are just fine. They did go up 40% for 2006 though. They were 1.25ea, but now are at 1.75ea. They are good batteries, but I would rather pay 1.00 at Batterystation or Amondotech (Titaniums). Both are good batteries. When you get a chance, check into Greenled's sticky, under DEALERS CORNER, about CPF specials and links. He's done a great job compiling it. I ike the idea of a holster, as you never know when you need to free up your hands. I use 2 holsters here. One is the Maxspedition 5..around 12.00. Another one is Ripoffs CO-181...around 15.00. Flash Gordon recommended that for my U2, and its good for other lights too.

fieldops

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though I'm not a fan of the ringy-ness of Inovas TIROS optic, the T3 (and other Inova lights in general) just have a very nice quality feel to them that tends to make you happy with your purchase before you even turn it on.

You should be happy with it... for a while.
evilgrin07.gif

prof

Enlightened
JonL said:
Hey guys,

I just ordered an Inova T3 flashlight! Did some research on this forum and I am pretty sure that I made the right choice.

Yeah, I'm a noob and this is my first "real" flashlight... No more cheap $5 dollar flashlights for me!!!

Later!

Congrats and welcome! I just got an Inova T1 as a Christmas gift--very nice light. I've got an X1 also (not as impressed but cool for a 5mm led). I think you'll enjoy the T3--let us know what you think!

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

I should be getting it in a couple days. I'll write up a little review, that should be fun...

:)