Inova T3 - impressions from a rookie

kbog

Newly Enlightened
Well, I started a hello thread and I thought I could post something more useful.

I recently purchased an Inova T3 based on reviews @ flashlightreviews and also plenty of research right here. I must say that I was a bit skeptical of the beam profile. Most folks seemed to say that the spill is poor, but the throw is good. Still, for the budget I was on, it became my top choice. I wanted a well made, small, 2 cell light with some reach.

I agree with the folks about the spill beam. It isn't great. Still, I find the light extremely useful. I read a post about not wanting to use the light at night in the woods. I find it to be just fine for this application. I also found the light to ooze quality. Hard to define, but everything about this light seems to speak quality to me (remember, I have been into this for a brief amount of time and this is my first really decent light).

My least favorite part of the light are the rings that the TIROS optics make. In use, they are fine, but they are a bit annoying on the wall (which really doesn't matter). What a difference between the T3 and the Fenix L1 with regards to this.

I am thinking that a Streamlight PP Lux is in my future. Great price and seems well liked. I didn't want a PP light this time around though.

For $60, it seems like the T3 is a great combination of quality and brightness. Thumbs up from this user.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own several and they are great lights. I use them for medium throw so Its just what I was looking for. They are very well made. Yes the SL PP 4AALux is a super good deal and thrower. Almost everyone I've heard who has one is quite satisfied. I think Fox-Intl. has them at 22.99 or so. Check it out. Its a great deal. They sell them as fast as they get them.

fieldops