• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Finned and polished mini-mag lite heads and bodies

trivergata

Enlightened
I've been making a few of these lights for myself, and thought I'd offer these up to everyone. They should work great for sandwiches and for hotwire mods that need that extra cooling (don't they all? :naughty: )

I can make them with anodizing on the top of the fins, or not, or alternating like the one pictured. I can also remove the knurling from the head, and make the entire head polished, or leave the anodizing on just the knurling, and polish the rest.. The only colors I can get reliably are black, blue (the light blue), red and pewter, as shown below, but other colors would be available when I can get them - just ask if there's one you want.

I can also remove all the knurling, all the anodizing (except the tailcap) and polished the entire light till it really shines! This looks really cool with just the tailcap and bezel in the original anodizing. If there is a pattern you want, or fins on the body (I did a couple on the one pictured below), just let me know - I love to do custom stuff!

The price will be $25 for the normal, $30 for the fully polished head and $40 for the full polished. This would include everything that came with it, with no other mods (lens, reflector, batteries, holster, spare bulbs, ect.). Special orders would be priced according to the amount of work, but the full strip-n-shine is about as much work as you can put into one of these, so you should be able to get almost anything done for $40 or less. All prices incude shipping in the lower 48; I'm willing to ship anywhere else, but the shipping cost would of course go up.

Just send me a PM with the colors, quantity and style you want, and let me know if you have any special requests.

Josh

-edited with final price-
-edited to add full polish-

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Finned mini-mag lite heads and bodies

I'd like one or two.
Can you make both the body and head polished?

trivergata

Enlightened
Re: Finned mini-mag lite heads and bodies

LED - because of the way I have to chuck it in my lathe, I could get all but the front bezel and the tailcap polished - it would remove all the knurling, and thin the walls a bit, but it should be fine. To do a full polished would take a little longer, and cost a bit more - say $40 bucks.

Josh

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Triver,
How much for one full polish, like the bottom picture, with grooving down the entire body.
And how about one just like that, but cut to accept 1 AA cell?

trivergata

Enlightened
LED Zeppelin;
$40 shipped for full polished (except the tailcap - that will be the original color) and grooved, but I don't have the ability to re-thread if it's cut down - sorry.

cmacclel:
didn't realize anyone else had done it - hope you don't mind!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm too busy doing full size mods to touch the mini's! Keep up the good work :)

Mac

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow,
All the pieces shown are awesome.
Trivergata, I'll take one fully grooved, full polish, pewter host. (Silver if you can find it easily).
PM sent.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Zeppelin said:
Wow,
All the pieces shown are awesome.
Trivergata, I'll take one fully grooved, full polish, pewter host. (Silver if you can find it easily).
PM sent.

If it's fully polished then the host color does not matter as you need to strip all anodize anyway :)

Mac

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:
Seems very reasonable considering the time involved.

Cmacclel, I think triver is not able to polish the tailcaps, so I'm trying to get the best match.

Triver, if you find a way to strip and polish the caps, that would be ideal. If not no problem, I'll probably put a 2-stage Kroll on it then.

Thanks!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
To remove the Anodize from the cap I chuck the flashlight body then go to town with sandpaper. It takes a few minutes but it does come off. Another option is a little Lye in a bowl that does the trick everytime:)

Mac

bearhunter

Newly Enlightened
Hello Trivergata
Just got the mini- mag's you done for me. Just wonted to let you know.
They ARE GREAT. THANKS FOR THE FINE JOB. I will be getting more in
the next few weeks. If anyone wonts this type of work done.
Trivergata is THE MAN:wow:
thanks again.

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trivergata,
I just got the fully grooved & polished MM today, awesome.
Great workmanship, nicely polished, impeccable! :rock:
Thanks!

rosso

Newly Enlightened
Hi im after the one in the middle of the 3 cmacclel posted. Do you have any more like this? Infact any more pics besides those on your signature?

trivergata

Enlightened
Rosso, I did one of these for LED_Zeppelin, but didn't take any pictures. Maybe I can get him to post a few.

I'll send you a PM with the info.

Josh

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Josh, just wanted you to know that I received my Minimag Saturday and am very pleased with the two way switch w/10 ohm!!! This makes a good light a superb light with two light levels and is very useful. You do excellent work and shipped it when you said you would.....you will be hearing from me soon..thanks! Larry