Fenix l0p clip...Fenix's response

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
I was really disappointed to see that the L0P does not come with a clip, despite early photos showing one. So, I emailed the company and asked about it. This was their response:

"Greatly appreciate your email. For some reasons the L0P's clips are not available currently, I am not sure whether they will be available in the near future yet. Thank you.

Best regards,
Christina Wang
Fenix Electronics Co., Ltd.
Email:[email protected]"

It almost sounds like they were going to be available but maybe a supplier wasn't able to produce them? I may be reading too much into it. If I get any updates, I'll pass them along.

Still waiting for a Fenix with a clip...

jeremycollins

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for taking the time to write Fenix.

A clip would be fantastic for either the L0P or the L1P. Maybe 4sevens can use his pull to have Fenix come up with a solution?

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
mrdctaylor said:
I was really disappointed to see that the L0P does not come with a clip...
I completely agree. I think even the L1 should have had a clip. It's great they provided a holster and a lanyard, but the L1 with a lithium AA is light enough for shirt pocket carry.

The L0P not having a clip is doubly a mistake. I shirt pocket carry my Arc AAA every day. The L0P should have had a clip, and the reasoning for not including one is beyond me.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason Arc AAA goes everywhere i go is becaus of the pocket clip. Its did get me excited when i saw the initial picture of the L0P with a clip, i was saying that this was the ARC replacement. But guess i would have to get the clip seperately.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a Specculation.... and may not be true to the fullest, but i feel that ... (since Some rare cases of Arcs did geting scratched with steel Clips has been observed) Fenix is trying to reduce chances of complains by not offering clips as here again, (chances are) that in rare cases light's HA Coating might get scratched (especially at the edges) which has inherent less thickness of coating.

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
yes some suppliers :rant: ...

as soon i get an fenix l0p i make some of my thermoplastic clips as i have do for the fenix l1p.

that way i use/carry my lights i need an clip.

edison

Enlightened
swissbianco said:
.......i make some of my thermoplastic clips as i have do for the fenix l1p.......

You've got my attention. I'd love to see a pic.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
ViReN said:
It's a Specculation...Fenix is trying to reduce chances of complains by not offering clips...in rare cases light's HA Coating might get scratched (especially at the edges) which has inherent less thickness of coating.
That's a good point I didn't think of. The Arc AAA has a very tough HAIII coating. The Fenix coating is less robust, despite being called HAIII. Maybe that's why they didn't include a metal clip.

But as posted, they could have done a plastic clip.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
A plastic or some type of composite clip would be ideal for these lights (and many others). It would be more flexible and much less likely to scratch.

A well designed AA or AAA clip could be nearly universal and fit many lights.

Maybe there is a market for someone.

Last edited:

Acme

Newly Enlightened
gadgetnerd said:
Hmm, I emailed them the other day about fixing the dodgy English on the L0P page, and it bounced. Maybe I'll try again.

What's wrong with the English on the L0P page?

Acme

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
gadgetnerd said:
Hmm, I emailed them the other day about fixing the dodgy English on the L0P page, and it bounced. Maybe I'll try again.

Yeh, I got a message that my message bounced too. But then I got a response the next day. So....I'm not sure what is going on with their email server, but I'll bet your message got through like mine did.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acme said:
What's wrong with the English on the L0P page?

Acme

They must have fixed it. When I first read that page, the english was... how shall I say...not very good - even to a non scholar such as myself. It looks fine to me now.

Raven

Enlightened
If they ever add clips, I hope it is only an option.

I hate clips, but I don't want to scratch my lights, by removing them.

greenLED

Flashaholic
GhostReaction said:
The reason Arc AAA goes everywhere i go is becaus of the pocket clip.

Interesting. I could care less about a clip. My ArcAAA goes everywhere because it's on my keychain, not because of the clip (which was the first thing I disposed of).

Kenski

Newly Enlightened
Raven said:
If they ever add clips, I hope it is only an option.
I hate clips, but I don't want to scratch my lights, by removing them.
and...
greenLED said:
Interesting. I could care less about a clip. My ArcAAA goes everywhere because it's on my keychain, not because of the clip (which was the first thing I disposed of).
Whew! I was beginning to think I was the only one who can't stand clips.
tongue.gif

Kenski

edison

Enlightened
swissbianco said:
yes some suppliers :rant: ...

as soon i get an fenix l0p i make some of my thermoplastic clips as i have do for the fenix l1p.

that way i use/carry my lights i need an clip.
Here's one of the pictures sb sent me.

I'm assuming that it's ok for me to post it here due to the nature of our correspondence via PM.

I like it! Very unique, and it looks nearly indestructible.

dsci12550vw.jpg

randyo

Enlightened
The card says Switzerland, but an Italian word comes to mind when I see that clip & Fenix comination - "Buttuglia". :thumbsdow The Fenix is a sleek, elegant little light. The clip does not belong. You might as well hang a Parka on Venus de Milo!!
That being said, it is a novel solution, and I suppose if you absolutely must have a clip, that thermoplastic "Buttuglia" switch would be preferable to a metal one.

ledvador

Newly Enlightened
edison said:
Here's one of the pictures sb sent me.

I'm assuming that it's ok for me to post it here due to the nature of our correspondence via PM.

I like it! Very unique, and it looks nearly indestructible.

dsci12550vw.jpg

I think that clip design will not suit with a twisty turn on light as the L0P...
this clip would probably turn around the tailcap when you need light.

Last edited: