Flashlight burnout?

my name is fake

Enlightened
any of you feeling any sort of burnout from too much flashlight exposure?
Not saying I am, what i know now is just the tip of the iceberg...and im not even exploring modding yet....

just would like to know what the senior forummers inputs on this...:)

tron3

Banned
Well, I am far from a senior member, but yeah. As my one poll points out, "this is getting monotonus." I love my Fenix L1P as my "class A" EDC. (Notice I didn't say SDC?)

But the only other light I want for the sheer power is a 15 Million CP light. But prefer if I could get that in LED. Just a pipedream I suppose.

Maybe you should ask this question in the form of a poll. :whistle:

"A true flashaholic would never quit. Let's get him!"

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I tend to switch "modes" on CPF, keeps my interest up. Deep inside, I'm a modder (with pathetically poor modding skills and few tools, but I try).

chrisse242

Enlightened
What GreenLED said. My interest shifts from time to time. I have to say I'm not a collector, most of the times I need to justify purchases.
I find the hotwires to be extremly interesting right now, but I have no use for a "1000 Lumen for five minutes light" Out of everything that comes from the hotwire guys now, I'm trying to build my "near perfect light".
I still follow many other developments, but for example, I don't feel the need to buy another new Led-light right now. (with another fenix L1p being the exception, my girlfriend keeps asking me why it is on my belt when I gave it to her as a present :naughty: )
Like most of us, I'm still waiting for some dreams to materialize. A pocketable two stage Led-light with drop-in charger for example, or a regulated Incan in 3D-size and brightness.
This is not a burnout after all, more like a newbie that has the basics covered and now is drawn deeper into this hobby.

Chrisse

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[babblemodeon]

We were on the "cutting edge" of torches a couple years ago. Some of our modders are STILL on the "cutting edge" and STILL producing some fine torches indeed!

Not saying I'm "burnt out" (however I do have other priorities in life that are calling for attention - prioritization is required for sure with any hobby...) - but I think there is a "market saturation" with inexpensive/lesser quality torches that just didn't exist in years past. I feel "overwhelmed" at times with what's available.

Some of the bigger companies have picked up on LED technology and are producing some fine lights and continue to improve their hardware while prices continue to drop. Happens with any technology...

It's still an exciting hobby/technology...no, I'm not burnt out yet! Another thing that has induced a LOT of patience in me, is the ever climbing prices of the unique/limited run/quality wares offered here by our own modder members...I just can't drop several hundred dollars on this and that every other week. I DO have my wish list though!! I still don't have my McLux PD yet!! In time...in time...

Additionally - when dropping that kind of coin on a torch, one really has to research/listen to the users to see how reliable a unique/limited run/quality torch offered here is and if they back it up.

I have to say, "I've only been been disappointed by one manufacturer/modder here in these halls" and he doesn't seem to post here much anymore. Those who produce quality torches have lasted within these halls....

[babblemodeoff]

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I haven't burnt out yet. (Shaddup, wallet!) I don't own a Phenix anymore! (Gave 17 of them away as Christmas presents- helped with the annual holiday depression! :D ) I don't supplement my income here, so I can take my time with the "mods." I have a proj in the works, but it's gonna be a few months. (Unlax, Sigman, you get one. :D ) I suppose another hobby could come along. (Female? :D )

Yeah, we're on the cutting edge (right behind SF) but improvements are still incremental. The LEDs keep getting (slowly) better and the stored energy/cube is showing good progress, though other end app's are driving it. Not yet burning-out!

Larry