How old are your most beloved flashlights? Keepsake, memories, etc.

tron3

Banned
I used to have some plastic Radio Shaft lights from the early to mid 1980's. part of me now wishes I never got rid of them. But eh, life goes on.

My oldest now would have to be my 3 D-cell Streamlight (Like a mag). It is roughly 20 years old. Not a lot of use on it, but it does have some minor shelf wear. Recently swaped out the "state of the art" Krypton bulb (Also 20) and popped in a Xenon. It has memories attached to it.

My next oldest and beloved would be my Air Force basic training wand light from 1990. The threads were so cheap on that thing that it could pop from over tightning. It definately pops off if you drop it, and has a single crack. Now it has that old Krypton bulb. It's more of a comparison and keepsake light - also good for some memories.

All my LED's are from last year. Just babies.

Goodness, where did the time go? On the plus side I still have most of my hair and no grey yet!:rock:

Last edited:

Learjet

Enlightened
My oldest would probably be a little Eveready 1AA light. Must be over 35 years old by now, I had it when I was a kid. It doesn't work very well anymore, don't think it ever did but it's too cute to throw away and now it has sentimental value.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a blackish minimag for about 10 years ago that was my 'first' real light, but right now I seem to have misplaced it :eek: About 5 years ago I got a Surefire 6P. Thats what I blame for getting me into lights :devil:

greenLED

Flashaholic
my black 2AA minimag, my first "real" flashlight; bought in '92 -can't even remember what I had before that.

nightshade

Enlightened
Favorite and still used for home duty is a 1983-4 2AA Tekna light, the reflector is still shiny. The threads around the bezel became worn in the late 1990's. Tekna made excellent lights till the end. :rock:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have and occasionally use the Eveready (Union Carbide) 2D cell metal flashlight I got in 1968. I used it while working as an usher for $1.50/hour in a movie theater nights and weekends while going to high school during the day.

The head and slide switch are red plastic. The body is shiny chrome metal.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It's not particularly beloved, but my old MM AA is one of the first generation, and I guess it's around 20 years old. It recently got a new lease on life with a Nite-Ize drop-in.

Geoff

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
My current oldest would have to be my green 3D and AA mag-lite combo my wife got for me around 10 or 15 years ago From Costco. They are cherished because the were a gift from my wife. The 3D now has has a 3 Watt Diamond drop in module and I may get a sandwich for the AA.

Take Care,
mtkbndad :wave:

Luxman

Enlightened
MY 3D and 2xAA MagLites are over 20 years old. I also have a 20 year old 4xC IKELITE that was my brightest light until I got my Surefires.

juancho

Enlightened
Mine is a Kel-Lite bought from Bianchi Leather Goods of El Paso, TX. in the early 70's (74 or 75) It is a 3 "C" and my wife's is a 2 "C".

First "Police" high quality flashlight that I remember, outside of my early childhood memories of the Eveready "Captain" and the Ray O Vac "Sportsman"

These flashlights inhabited our hunting backpacks for 12 or 13 years, when they where replaced by the Mini Mag Lites and two Surefire 6's (hardly could use the Surefires because the price of batteries at that time)

kellites2-3c.jpg

Here is my 1988's Surefire "6" (Now in hands of a CPF member)

S5300079.jpg

I spended a part of my early years in a ranch where we used lights like these Eveready.

S5300097.jpg

Juan C.

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
I've got a mag lite AA which must be over just over 20 yrs old, but now has a nice new lens, new version of the mirostar 2 and a kroll, that's recycling for you. I wonder if my HDS will still be usable in 20 years!

Mark

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
My oldest light is a Photon (II I think) red LED. I got it in 1994 and it's been on my keychain everyday since. It still has the original battery (doesn't get used much but, it's there when I need it.).

BTW, Greetings all. Brand new to CPF.

bguy

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple 2AA Mini Mags from when I was a teen over 20 years ago. One was always at my side when I was in the Navy.

I also have a couple 4AA Tekna Lite 4 from the late 80s, so almost 20 years old. I got one as part of a Nice light bike light set. It was so good I bought another before Tekna went out of business.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a black 2D Mag that I received in 92 from my future father in law so that is kinda special. (It's currently modded as an 8 cell Mag85).

And my first two modded LED lights were a cyan Lux 1 reflectored light that runs on 3xAAA cells and a 5 LED Xnova that I had modded with UV LEDs so they are kinda special.

And a couple of the lights that I've modded, I think I would be hard pressed to sell unless someone really offered me a small fortune but other than that, I pretty much like 5 or 6 lights at a given time and don't have any special attachment to any of the others.

leduk

Enlightened
Here's my 2aa Tekna 2 still working from 20 years ago.

I knew it was made in the US and at the time I thought I'll never get any more of those bulbs so I bought a few. I live in the UK. You can see the 5 I have left in the picture. I guess I must have bought 8 or 10 spares. Given I have 5 left that should be another 20 years to go, or under current usage roughly another 80 years.

Regards

ptirmal

Enlightened
the oldest light I have is a 4d maglite from about 7 years ago... actually its a little older... it was in our old motel when we bought it and i took it when we left... it's now been reborn as a ROP

Last edited: