LEDBeam 3C Owners - Questions

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Does the clickie switch have a momentary on when the switch is partially depressed.

2. For those who have ordered recently, how long was it before you received a shipping confirmation?

3. If anyone has had problems with their light, has this vendor been responsive?

I ask the second and third questions because the company (or individual) does not appear to respond to e-mail inquiries with any degree of promptness, and have some concerns about ordering from a manufacturer/vendor who does not list any other from of contact other than an e-mail address, not even a phone number.

Previously posted threads and references have answered any questions I've had regarding the performance of the light. Thanks CPF!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
1. Does the clickie switch have a momentary on when the switch is partially depressed.

2. For those who have ordered recently, how long was it before you received a shipping confirmation?

3. If anyone has had problems with their light, has this vendor been responsive?

I ask the second and third questions because the company (or individual) does not appear to respond to e-mail inquiries with any degree of promptness, and have some concerns about ordering from a manufacturer/vendor who does not list any other from of contact other than an e-mail address, not even a phone number.

Previously posted threads and references have answered any questions I've had regarding the performance of the light. Thanks CPF!

1. No it does not.
2.They gave me a confirmation right away, and the light was here 3-4 days later (I forget which one exactly).
3.I didn't have any problems, but the service was A+, so I would imagine they would be really responsive if there was a problem.

peekay331

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:

i received my defective light in about 5 days. when i contacted them, they responded immediately. although they did not immediately send me a new light after receiving my defective one (they opted to fix the defective one), they did remain responsive to my emails and kept me updated on the status of my replacement. also, they are based on hawaii so it might take a few days to receive your order.

mdocod

Flashaholic
1. already answered
2. during weeks leading up to christmas- took about 5-6 days as i recall, there was a weekend in there also.
3. no problems with any of the 3 lights I bought, I emailed them asking about whether they could offer me a discount on a future order (they went on sale the day after i bought mine), and they responded within 48 hours saying that they would be happy to give me the discount i missed on a future purchase.

"4. were the lights consistant from one to the next"
4. no, there were variations in beam color, typical of ledflashlights, and the switches felt a little different on all 3.

"5. was it worth it?"

5. This is probably the best value in a large profile luxeon light on the market right now. It's also one of the brightest LED flashlights available.

Yooper

Enlightened
1. To Clarify. It's a reverse clickie. You can do momentary "off" if you turn it on and hold the switch down part way. When you let go it turns back on.

Mine was confirmed immediately, came quickly, no problems, best lumens/$ I've ever spent.

Luxman

Enlightened
+1 on reverse clickie.
Mine has a nice Tight White spot. IMO its an excellent Light/$.
If you want Throw - its a Great Light!!

Last edited:

techwannabe

Newly Enlightened
Since I had a good track record with my ledbeam lights I asked them about your response re: why they are not very prompt with their email concerns, this was the answer. "Ledbeam had received the question on 1/9 and responded this the question on 1/10". I don't know about you but I cant get a faster answer with any other reliable company.

Their lights are as good as the other reviews indicates... You might want to try it--you'll be impressed. Trust me they are a reliable company. I've ordered quite a few lights with them for me and for gift's to my friends and family.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't submitted a question to them, how could they have responded? I think someone is pulling your leg. The postings on this site seem to indicate that they do not respond to e-mails for several days if at all. I just went to their site to see if they had a phone number, and it appears that they have neither phone number nor business address; there's no listing in Honolulu for a company by that name. Thus the reason for my cautions and concerns; though I suppose it could be some sort of garage operation. I'm thinking about trying one of those lights out with NiMH batteries to see if the output is any steadier (there's another post here about using NiMH batteries with that light.) But I'm a little suspicious if there are certain criteria that is missing from their business presence. Glad to hear that you are getting a quick response to your e-mails with the company.

techwannabe said:
Since I had a good track record with my ledbeam lights I asked them about your response re: why they are not very prompt with their email concerns, this was the answer. "Ledbeam had received the question on 1/9 and responded this the question on 1/10". I don't know about you but I cant get a faster answer with any other reliable company.

Their lights are as good as the other reviews indicates... You might want to try it--you'll be impressed. Trust me they are a reliable company. I've ordered quite a few lights with them for me and for gift's to my friends and family.

techwannabe

Newly Enlightened
sorry for the misunderstanding....I got that feeling from reading the line that you wrote "I ask the second and third questions because the company (or individual) does not appear to respond to e-mail inquiries with any degree of promptness" MY BAD!...

I asked the same questions about why there is no listing for them in Honolulu ... What I found out is, it is a new company that are selling their lights in some popular local stores on Oahu and on the outerislands. Example is Ace hardware on the outer islands and Pacific automotive in Honoluu etc...this is to start their business and will take it from there...

But your right... they may be a little home made garage operation, but to make and produce a awesome light that is CHEAP -- MORE POWER TO THEM! Hey-- that is how many small companies who are big time now started out.(I can vouch for that):)

AshA4

Banned
I ordered two after reading about them here on CPF. I was very impressed with them. I ordered 4 additional lights to give away as gifts. I checked each one before giving them away and found no problems. They all arrived packaged, no damage and in a timely manner. I can understand your concern for customer support and fair business practices but if the majority of LEDBeam owners here on CPF praise them, how can you go wrong?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, appeciate your comments and testimonial. While all of the comments from members here seem to be positive, I can't help but think that Techwannabe is not here as a third party, as claimed, but in fact, has some sort of relationship with this company that is either producing or importing this product. And in reviewing all of the postings from that member, it would indeed appear that every posting made under the Techwannabe name has been made with the intent to promote the LEDBeam product. It would be this kind of veiled presence that would cause me to have increased suspicions and to exercise greater caution.

AshA4 said:
I ordered two after reading about them here on CPF. I was very impressed with them. I ordered 4 additional lights to give away as gifts. I checked each one before giving them away and found no problems. They all arrived packaged, no damage and in a timely manner. I can understand your concern for customer support and fair business practices but if the majority of LEDBeam owners here on CPF praise them, how can you go wrong?

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like this light. Very affordable, nice tint, and throw.

I had no problems with shipping. I ordered 2 LEDBeams on two separate occasions.

I changed the stock lens with a UCL 52.1 mm from http://www.flashlightlens.com/products.htm

dsc01447small2gq.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Skyclad01

Enlightened
ernsanada said:
I really like this light. Very affordable, nice tint, and throw.
I changed the stock lens with a UCL 52.1 mm

How much of a difference does the UCL lens really make? Or is it just a personal prefrence?

colubrid

Enlightened
Skyclad01 said:
How much of a difference does the UCL lens really make? Or is it just a personal prefrence?

:bumpit:

I would like to know to because it sure makes it look puuuurty.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read Quickbeams evaluations regularly.

I may be wrong, but I think the Ledbeam is the second BRIGHTEST, longest throwing Lux lll around.

For $ 24.95 ?

Wow !

techwannabe

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Thanks, appeciate your comments and testimonial. While all of the comments from members here seem to be positive, I can't help but think that Techwannabe is not here as a third party, as claimed, but in fact, has some sort of relationship with this company that is either producing or importing this product. And in reviewing all of the postings from that member, it would indeed appear that every posting made under the Techwannabe name has been made with the intent to promote the LEDBeam product. It would be this kind of veiled presence that would cause me to have increased suspicions and to exercise greater caution.

Hey brighteyez...if your curious.. there is no relation... just a "techwannabe" who found a product that I liked. I have mod Maglites but I got hooked on the ledbeam because of the price and the power. Dont worry, I wasnt paranoid but I was SUSPICIOUS as you are. I tried it and liked it. Maybe all the others have a relationship too?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the postings that you have made are available to anyone who wants to view them
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/search.php?do=finduser&userid=9905

I think you'll understand the reasons for my suspiciions when the the only postings that you make are only those related to LEDBeam or promoting LEDBeam. That doesn't seem typical for the average Maglight modder. Others don't generally focus each and every one of their postings to a single subject and company over the span of a 6 month period.

techwannabe said:
Hey brighteyez...if your curious.. there is no relation... just a "techwannabe" who found a product that I liked. I have mod Maglites but I got hooked on the ledbeam because of the price and the power. Dont worry, I wasnt paranoid but I was SUSPICIOUS as you are. I tried it and liked it. Maybe all the others have a relationship too?