AC LED drivers

UVvis

Enlightened
Hi all,

Has anyone used any of the commercially available luxeon LED drivers for AC power?

If so what did you use and how is it working?

Thanks

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two Phillips VTCSH LED Drivers, part # 9933. They both failed in service (the same component) in maybe a month. I contacted Phillips lighting about them repeatedly, hoping that with a PDF or something I might understand the failures and fix them (I know what parts went, they're melted, but I don't know what they do) Corresponding with Phillips was an exercise in frustration. They would neither admit or deny that any such part exists,:huh2: and they certainly had no info about them.

After that I tried the Advance Xitanium 12 volt/12 watt AC to DC driver. It's running a bunch of warm white 10 mm LED step lights, works good. I also got a Xitanium 25 watt/24 volt AC to DC unit that I use to run an 18 LED amber Luxeon flood for a porch light. The color of the flood is funny, but the driver works good.

As a bonus, Advance has an LED forum at http://www.ledcentral.com/home.aspx (click link on left for for forums) The Advance people monitor the forums and will actually answer questions.

There are also people here on CPF who can be commisioned to build a power supply.

UVvis

Enlightened
Thanks Ken,

I was looking at the xitaniums as they seem to be rather inexpensive and the approximate size that I was wanting. I was looking for something that is boarderline production vs custom.