Size comparison

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
I am close to buying a Surefire U2 and just wanted to see the size comparison of this light with a known sized light like a 6P .
Could someone please post a pic of a U2 next to a 6P ?

Thanks

Kenny

Size15's

Flashaholic
Will this do?
al-u2j.jpg

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al :goodjob:
I'm not sure if I am more impressed by the fact that you own every light Surefire has put on the market (and ones they don't), or by the fact that you actually use them.
I thought the U2 was much bigger than that.

cbxer55

Enlightened
I just got mine right before Christmas. It carries perfectly clipped to the left pocket. It seems to be about the same size as my M2. Mine has no donut whatsoever and is really white. Clickie works perfectly. Perhaps Surefire has worked out the bugs in this light! :)

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Dang you, Al! Now I want an e2E/L4. :p

I also carry my U2 in my left pocket some times. It's borderline size for pocket EDC (translation: too big, but what the hey)

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
I needed to see a compairson after reading so many reports of people finding the U2 smaller than they thought it was from pictures .

Now that I see the compairson , I myself find it larger than I thought it would be . Of course I am a small flashlight nut , mostly 1X123 lights . The largest surefire that I own so far is a 6P .

I dont know about you guys that carry a U2 in your pants pocket . I carry a TW4 in my jeans pocket but nothing as large as a 6P for example . Then again , you can get used to anything .
grinser2.gif

Kenny

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully for 2006, SF has something with the features of the U2 in the size of the L4 or E1L. :sssh:

cy

Flashaholic
after the new wore off...

U2 has become a real workhorse! it's my light of choice for serious work. 18650 support makes all the difference when you need to run for hours on end.

makes a decent bike helmet light too.