led batt indicator?

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
i was just wondering if anyone knows of a nice quality Like on par w/SF ....LED flashlight that has some kinda battery indicator...??

Everybody always wonders whats left, regardless of the type of batt,

i pictured my L2 with a few small led dots flush mounted in the middle part sorta like the dots on my powerbook battery thou obv those aren't waterprofed

dosn't seem impossible

DCFluX

Newly Enlightened
About the only Flashlites I know of with a Low Battery Indicator is the eLUX series of Mag conversions that I designed. The center LED illuminates when the batteries are going low and will light when there is not enough power, usually giving just enough light to do something.

A flashlite with a battery gauge is not impossible but more of a pain, It would have to be calibrated to the end user's battery chemistry for one and the fact that mAh ratings always vary depending on who made the battery on the other hand.

Expect false readings on anything other than Lithium-Ion. Plus it will sit and waste valuable power unless a button is added to activate it on demand which would make another opening and complicate the water proofing.

RebelRAM

Enlightened
The Craftsman 3D light my wife has, has one of these LED battery indicators on it. It goes from green to yellow to red(almost dead batteries). I have no idea how accurate it is because my wife hasn't used a whole set of batteries through that light yet.

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
[
wouldn't you just have it be loosly based on volts?

i presume thou one that showed hours of run time left in min would be nice thou if thats what u ment yeah that'd be hard

QUOTE=DCFluX]About the only Flashlites I know of with a Low Battery Indicator is the eLUX series of Mag conversions that I designed. The center LED illuminates when the batteries are going low and will light when there is not enough power, usually giving just enough light to do something.

A flashlite with a battery gauge is not impossible but more of a pain, It would have to be calibrated to the end user's battery chemistry for one and the fact that mAh ratings always vary depending on who made the battery on the other hand.

Expect false readings on anything other than Lithium-Ion. Plus it will sit and waste valuable power unless a button is added to activate it on demand which would make another opening and complicate the water proofing.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts