Boredom...Fireants... and a G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelRAM

Enlightened
You know how when you were a kid, you went outside in the summer with a magnifying glass to see what things you could burn with the power of the sun?

Last night I noticed several fire ants had made it into the house. So I was looking around with my G2 to see if I could find where they were coming from. I didn't see much, just 2 or 3 ants. Not the normal line of 20 or 30.

Anyways, I was following around this one ant to show my wife. And I made the comment of how slow he was moving since it is in the middle of winter here. Well after a few minutes of shining my G2 on him, he started moving a lot faster. My wife said it almost looked as though the light was making the ant uncomfortable. So we followed him around on the carpet for awhile. He seemed to be lost and couldn't find his direction. My wife said I was either blinding the ant or cooking him. So after a few minutes of following this thing around at about 2" above it with my G2, I lowered the bezel a little more almost onto the carpet. I lifted the light, ant was dead. Guess it couldn't take the heat.

My wife thought this was the funniest thing. She did make a comment of "I guess being a flashlight geek does have it's entertainment value at times!"

tron3

Banned
How can you tell us that story without any pictures? Geeze.

Now I have a new use for my 12v Ultrafire. :naughty:

amlim

Enlightened
my name is fake said:
animal righst activist aint gonna be happy with you....:whistle: :laughing:

i thought it should be the insect rights activist that is going to go after the "ant murderer" ? :naughty:

tron3

Banned
amlim said:
i thought it should be the insect rights activist that is going to go after the "ant murderer" ? :naughty:

What did the Pink Panther say when he stepped on the ant?

Dead ant... dead ant.... dead ant, dead ant, dead ant....
<reads like the theme music>

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
RebelRAM said:
Last night I noticed several fire ants had made it into the house. So I was looking around with my G2 to see if I could find where they were coming from. I didn't see much, just 2 or 3 ants. Not the normal line of 20 or 30.
Sounds like you got one of those signs posted outside; the one that reads "TENANTS ONLY". :crazy:

turbodog

Flashaholic
I cooked some spiders living between my window and the screen with a magcharger.

Similar actions. Little movement, more movement, frantic running, then death.

They actually started oozing.

hquan

Enlightened
ewww... That's gross turbodog.

Just wondering - has anyone tried using a magnifying glass with their flashlight to burn something?

pathalogical

Enlightened
Get a chocolate bar and melt it with your G2, then you could have chocolate covered ants !!! Besides, insects belong outside, not in the house.

tron3

Banned
turbodog said:
I cooked some spiders living between my window and the screen with a magcharger.

Similar actions. Little movement, more movement, frantic running, then death.

They actually started oozing.

I bought a stun gun in the mid 80's (when you could still get one) and fried some bugs in the spark. Would you believe things like Lady Bugs would squirt juice but keep going? Worms squirted too and appeared to live, but the writhing was something to watch.

One time with the neighbors kid, we pinned down large worms, by the head and tail, connected to a toy train transformer. Must have been up to 12 volts. Then slowly turn up the juice and watch them wiggle for dear life. We accidently discovered they could squirt when we gave them a sudden burst and got sprayed in the face.

Karma, I tells ya! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts