Has anyone used batteryspace.com?

ixus_123

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I wasn't quite sure where to put it.

I've just spent the best part of the last 3 hours searchign high & low for smart charger capable of handling my 14.4v nimh battery pack. Batttery space seems to be the only place that has a reasonable charger but are sadly based in the US (well actually I'm guessing they are actually based in China with a tiny office unused somewhere in the US for tax / duty reasons).

I can handle waiting 4 weeks for my stuff to arrive but they have some wird requests when it comes to credit card orders which made a few alarm bells ring
Q: Payment for international orders -- important ! Due to lots of fraud credit card purchase recently, we can not accept international credit card. But if you could send us the photo of the front and back of credit card, together with ID to [email protected]. That will help us to verify the ownership of credit card. Your order can be shipped out as soon as we verify your credit card.

If you are not comfortable with sending ID and copy of credit card, we understand that and please reply this email and tell us that you want to cancel the order. We will fully refund to your credit card. The refund will appear on your statement in around 48 hours.

So was just wondering if anyone here had used them? Are they reliable or should I avoid at all costs?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Last year, about middle of year, I bought some RCR123's, unprotected. I had no problems with them, and service was relatively fast. The RCR123's (Powerizer) turned out great, and they have about best runtimes at high amp drain. I live in Lake County CA. and their shipment came out of CA, Bay Area I believe.

Bill

litho123

Enlightened
I've placed 3 orders with them over the last 8 months. In fact my most recent order arrived just the other day...no problems with any of my orders...then again, I'm state-side as opposed to being across "the big pond in the east".

I hope that helps.

Greg

ixus_123

Newly Enlightened
It does help a lot - thanks :)

I'm going to go ahead & place the order. It will probably take 3 weeks to a month to arrive though & then I'll have to play the import tax lottery when it arrives.

I don't know why stuff from the US (to the UK) takes so long to ship. I bought some stuff from Ground Effect in New Zealand for my bicycle & that arrived in a week!

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought stuff from them, paid with my credit card (from S'pore) but had it shipped to my bro's place in NY. No problems and queries. I didn't send them any images or whatever.

But I totally understand their worries cuz of the high fraud. I think its a good procedure to request a copy of the bill or card. :D

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I placed 4-5 orders with them in the last couple of years. Never a problem. I did have a 110Volt LED light bulb come DOA and sent them a note describing the problem. They mailed me a replacement without me sending anything back. They also have support forums linked from their home page with lots of good info.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used them four weeks ago. They got my stuff here (Sweden, so pretty close to you) in 7 days with no customs problems at all.

Happy buying!

ixus_123

Newly Enlightened
Thats excellent news. Did you py by credit card & if so, do you send the ID scans?

Hopefully I wont have any problems with customs here either (I've ordered now).

I just got stung today for import duty, post office handling fees & VAT (government tax) :(

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had no problems with them either, though the last time I ordered from them was when I was living in the States. Good products. :)

ixus_123

Newly Enlightened
Pleased to say it's arrived with no nasty additional charges :)

can't test it yet though becuase I'm still waiting for batteries orderd in the UK!!

but it got here - fast! Certainly a lot faster than any of teh other American companies I've shopped with so I thik in future I know what is possible in terms of delivery times