Most Useful Twin-Task

bratch

Newly Enlightened
Wihch of the Twin-Task seem to be the most useful? What are the pluses and minuses of the different battery configurations?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I think the 3C is most useful. It, the 2D and the 3AA all use common batteries. The 3C can have 3LEDs, 6LEDs or the Xenon beam.

The 1 and 2L models can have LOOOONG storage time, with the 1L primarily good as a LED light and the 2L as a dual purpose.

None of them have great xenon. They don't focus all that tight.

And in my 3AA I have Lithium AAs and keep it in my truck.

But for like around the house useage I think the 3C rocks.

magic79

Enlightened
Yes, the "L" models use a CR123 battery (or 2).

I second the vote for the 3C model. It's the brightest AND longest running. I keep one in both cars. With 3 LEDs it fine for map reading at night. You can easily change a tire with 6, and if you need a really bright light, the incandescent is (I think) around 50 Lumens (if they claim more, it's not true!)

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
...I think the Tasklight 2L is a much better light than the Twin- Tasks. It has two very usable levels from it's Luxeon III emitter. It is well regulated and gets right at two hours of steady unchanging light on the high setting. The beam is very nice with strong throw and a big clean spillbeam. I am using protected rechargeable batteries in mine. The only downsides are that it is more expensive than the Twin-Tasks and that it is kind of large for a 2X123 light.

...The only Twin Task I own is the 3AA and it has what I think is a strange form factor and the beam is lousy with artifacts.

jc

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I have the 2D which just isn't very bright on any setting and seems very heavy! I would recommend a multilevel Lux light rather than a Twin Task.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a house light, the 3C would be my first choice. For a car light in a cold region, the 2L might be best. There is also a Xenergy/Nuwai model similar to the 2L TwinTask that is brighter and has more throw on the incand setting and you can choose from 3 or 6 LEDs on the LED setting like you can the 3C TwinTask.

AshA4

Banned
I have the 1L/2L/3AA/3C and gave my 2D away but out of all of them I like the 3C the best. A good light to have for house use IMHO.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I have the 3C and 2L (I had the 1L wife stole it the first day) My vote goes to the 3C but becareful of leaving it sitting around with cheap cells in it. My first SL TT 3C was ruined by acid leaking from the cells so I got another one to replace it. I have alot of lights I use more but the question was about the SL TT line up.
Topper

Last edited:

Germ

Enlightened
I have the TwinTask 2L. I'll agree the incandescent beam has artifacts and doesn't focus well. The LED light has a good flood and shape, but is blue. The switch on mine cycles incan/LED/incan/off for some reason. Odd, but others have reported the same. It is one of my least favorite lights I'm afraid.

I'd recommend looking at the Tasklight 2L too. It costs more, but I'm guessing the beam will be better. I've checked one out at a store, but resisted buying it. Flashlightreviews says the light is dimmed by flashing the LED very fast. I didn't notice this in the store. Can anyone with the light comment on the dimmed mode? Is the flashing noticeable?

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/streamlight_tasklight_2l.htm

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
I would also recommend the SL tasklight 2L based on the luxeon III. Its not quite pocket size, but its high level has good throw and pretty good overall light, and runs 2 hours regulated. The lowbeam is good and runs a long time. A bit pricey at around $70 but I like it a lot. I think a great car or house light.

Germ

Enlightened
GWC3, can you compare the Tasklight 2L to the Streamlight ProPoly Luxeon 4AA as far as the beam goes? I love the ProPoly, but sometimes I wish the beam wasn't so tight. According to flashlightreviews.com the Tasklight should be brighter.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some may like this dual light, I grew to dislike the TT 2L I had. The Xenon Scorpion has a nicer beam and the HDS U60 covers the LED uses. For an incan type light, a 9P is sounding nice for my uses.

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
In response to some questions here. I took my SL 4AA Luxeon and SL Tasklight 2L into a dark room and and also outside and compared beams and played with them a bit. The beams are similar with a large spillbeam but the 2L has a smaller and slightly brighter central hotspot. The central hotspot on both are very bright making for excellent throw. Shining them at a tree about 75 feet away the 4AA illuminates a larger area than the 2L but the smaller area the 2L iluminates is very slightly brighter. I tried playing with the 2L on low beam moving it around and my eyes cannot detect the reported pulsing that it uses for dimming. IMO both of these are better products than the Twin-Task Lights. The Propoly 4AA Luxeon has the advantage of using AA batteries but I use rechargeable batteries in both lights anyway. The real advantage of the 4AA over the 2L is the much lower price. The 4AA also has longer runtime than the 2L does on it's high power setting. Both are too large for EDC in a pants pocket. The 2L has the advantage of the high and low modes and aluminum construction and a very nice looking classic shape.
jc