• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The m@glite stainless steel bezel rings by Kiu

waion

Newly Enlightened
First of all I'd like to thank Kiu's passaround of the VX and VL prototype among the flashaholics here a month ago, which let us to have a chance to play and have fun with. I took some pictures of them with my magC/ D. Hopefully here's a good enough pic to show how beautiful it is (you can click the below pic to go to the thread directly):

I can remember how I and some other flashaholics were surprised when we first saw these rings' real objects. The rings are made from stainless steel of very nice quality. They look better than my stainless steel sword - more shiny and smooth. The weight of the rings are only about 95g even though they are made with stainless steel, which Kiu said was a 2.2inches-diameter solid bar as its raw material. They fit my m@g hotwire mod with stock o-ring and UCL/ borofloat perfectly.

Both rings have five small holes on them. I was thinking they were decorative designs until I saw the glowpowder treatment in Kiu's thread (in the link above). The leakage of light is minimal from these holes but kiu just told me the glowpowder could be fully charged up by just turning the light on (if it's a hotwire mod). And even with LED mod, it's still easy to do so (but with less strong effect). I must try this by myself later.

I think this will be one of the greatest and ultimate m@g mod of the year. Very nicely made and creative. :goodjob:

Last edited:

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Me too trashman. I concluded I couldn't chrome or anodize them, being S/Steel and all, so I too would like the more blended in look rather than a two-tone light.

Otherwise, I am really impressed. :)

I'm gonna grab 2 anyways. heh.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a silver mag (not pewter) it would be pretty close match... Or one of ccmandel's finned mags with the anodizing spun off.. That'd be really cool!!

waion

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Trashman. The ring matches quite nice to my silver mag 2D HID mod, and so as my black, green, copper and purple. However, it looks a bit strange to my HAIII mag 2D...anyway, just my own opinion.

Pila Power, to me, they don't need to be coated. The ring itself has a shiny and smooth surface. It's a "joker" colour to me.

frogman74, these rings are provided by Kiu. Maybe you can go and ask him directly.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Hey waion, thanks for the pointer!

I didn't look at Kiu's thread assuming the rings were of stock style. Silly me. When I laid eyes on your pics off I went. My wallet's a little flatter now. The VX will most likely find a home on the end of a 6C ROP.

waion

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Niteowl, darkzero. These rings, IMHO, look most beautiful and cool when being put on a Mag C. On a mag D, they look great too.

I'm not the seller of these rings. Kiu is the designer, producer and the one who sells them in the thread linked in the above picture. I was one of those invited by Kiu to feel and play these ring prototypes a while ago.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
OIC, since this post was in the custom & mod b/s/t I automatically that they were for sale. Thanks for the link, lemme go check it out!