how much money do you have invested in lights?

*Bryan*

Enlightened
Wow,
3 posts and banned already.............. :ohgeez:

Maybe this is somebody we know that recently got banned though!

uh....too much money!

GrooveRite

Enlightened
I rather spend my good hard earned money on flashlights (and REALLY NICE ones at that) than rather spend it on drinking every damn weekend I'll say that much, lol. I think thats a no brainer!

Last edited:

cbxer55

Enlightened
Of my 3 favorites, knives, guns and flashlights. The largest investment is knives, then guns, last(but not least!) lights. I have several blades(Micro-Techs) that costed $350 or so. I have one handgun that set me back $1000(Kimber CDP II). I just recently received a Surefire U2, and that qualifies as my most expensive light. I would say at least $1000 in lights.:naughty:

Last edited:

SCblur

Enlightened
After an A2, a G2, an E2e, and an Inova X0, I'm up to $400 in lights. Not bad for only having been introduced to nice lights six months ago. The problem is, I've found that there's a direct relationship between how many lights I buy, and how many I want. That is to say: the more I buy, the more I want. Maybe I should stop now.... :whistle:

nc987

Enlightened
Well I got my first Surefire in June and it was a 6p so lets add up since then, these are all new flashlights also:

SureFire 6P Original : $33
SureFire U2 Ultra: $110
SureFire M3T-CB: $120
E1w Winelight: $20ish
E2E Winelight: $40ish
SureFire E2L: $53
Surefire L5 Lumamax: $76
SureFire KL6 LED Head: $69
SureFire KL3 LED head: $25
SureFire KL2 LED head: $33

$569 in roughly 6 months, and im a poor college student so this hobby isnt cheap for me but its always worth it.

rkonieska

Newly Enlightened
Prob. $1,200 here..............man that Pentalux from Electrolumens sure looks
nice...........here we go again!:naughty:

not2bright

Enlightened
I have a HDS 42XR that was $140, next in line is the BS Pelican 2390 at $99.

cbxer55, I am with you on the firearms. I bought a Kimber Gold Match II, $1250 and worth every penny. :grin2: Just purchased a Glock 19 and 26 at the same time, $1050 with tax.

After thinking about those, my flashlights seem like quite a bargain! And my $45 Spyderco Native S30V from WallyWorld is a steal! (pun intended) :laughing:

Last edited:

NextLight

Enlightened
Think "good used car" and you would be close. As of today, it is $1600 LESS than last month, but I have a new Meterman LM631 luxmeter... and over $400 of parts on order.

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
nc987 if I send you $120 could you get me a U2 for $110?

If I had that list of lights it would be over double your total. You stole those lights imo :) .

As for me, I'm just over 1K deep in lights atm.

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
nc987,

....I salute your ability to find the best price. Would you care to share with us how you find such great deals on lights?
jc

hquan

Enlightened
A little over $400 over the past month. Prior to CPF, I had spent a less than $100 over a 15 year period (including batteries at retail prices)...

nc987

Enlightened
I salute your ability to find the best price. Would you care to share with us how you find such great deals on lights?

I dont get my SureFires from dealers. If there were dealers out there selling them at that price they would be losing money. Basically, I know a regional product rep that carries SureFire amongst his other products, when he gets his "New" ones he sells me his old ones at cut rate prices. They are all new as he only takes them out to people at tradeshows and stuff like that. Im currently working with Lighthound to buy 2 L6 bodies for my KL2 and KL6 head to give me 2 more flashlights, then i am going to do a Surefire LED beamshot comparison with the KL2, Kl6, Kl3, L5, U2, and E2L. Stay tuned!

iced_theater

Enlightened
I'd say about $550 that I can remember.
Brinkmann 2D 4 led. That was my first LED light.
Brinkmann Legend LX
Brinkmann 1 million spot light
Brinkmann 3 million spot light
Cabelas Extreme 6 watt 3D light
Dorcy Metal Gear 1 watt
Favourlight 3 watt headlamp
Minimag
Nuwai TM-301X-3
Princton Tec Yukon HL
Streamlight Stinger HP
Streamlight SL-20X
Ebay 29 led light