Nuts

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife just asked me if I was still at that Flashlight place I love so much...Yes...are you still talking to the same old people?...No, there are more than 1000 members now and more join everyday...it`s becoming a very popular place. Well, I can`t believe there are that many nuts out there...I don`t see what you all see in flashlights...all they do is light. You right honey...by the way that owl cookie jar you won on E-Bay for $60 came today...I put on top of the kitchen cabinet with the other 3 hundred. Arg
tongue.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken B:
...by the way that owl cookie jar you won on E-Bay for $60 came today...I put on top of the kitchen cabinet with the other 3 hundred. Arg
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just don't get her collecting insulators.
I've got about 310 of the suckers ranging in size from a Snicker bar to big 40 pound 2 foot high suckers and noplace to keep them all... and at least three more (one is *really big* too) are in transit.
grin.gif

A bit less dainty than cookie jars perhaps, but an obsession just as dangerous. Same with my "torch" collection - this also numbers close to 200 with the latest addition of course being that coveted Light Cannon HID.
blush.gif
tongue.gif
shocked.gif
x.gif
cool.gif
grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a glass insulator at a antique shop a few weeks ago and thought of you. It was plain and clear...did not look worthy of your consideration.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken B:
I saw a glass insulator at a antique shop a few weeks ago and thought of you. It was plain and clear...did not look worthy of your consideration.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Twiggs patent insulator is also plain and clear, but is worth no less than $20,000.00.
The last one found was bought at an antique shop for $5.
blush.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Well, I can`t believe there are that many nuts out there...I don`t see what you all see in flashlights...all they do is light.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken B.,

Your post is so appropriate to my recent experience. I brought my treasured M6 to work. Some of the guys are quasi-techies and I figured this would blow them away. They al ready know about my "flashlight thing" and goodnaturedly kid me about it.

OK, I brought it in and demonstrated it. Everyone said "wow, that's bright!" and went about their business, showing no further interest. THE G*D**MN PHILISTINES!!! What is the matter with these people? Don't they realize how great this is?

We really are an alien species, but there are more of us than people realize, and we have a real and growing influence; look how many manufacturers are coming on board now.

I can't say how grateful I am that this wonderful forum exists. To H**L with the ignorant, unwashed, unenlightened, --------WHOA THERE BOY!!!----- Sorry, I was getting carried away; I'm ok now.

I hate to say this, but I actually find myself wishing for a blackout! I suppose that's a bit wacko, but I'm sure some of you can understand.

OK, I've gotten it off my chest. Whew! I think I'll relax and have a beer and a smoke. (just kidding; I gave up drinking and smoking years ago)

Goodnight Flashaholics.
Brightnorm

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken B and Telephony... consider yourselves lucky. Just before becoming an admitted flashaholic, I was an avid Red Wing stoneware collector. My wife and I have the entire house filled with stoneware crocks and jugs.
Collecting is a slippery slope, and if you`re extremely fortunate, the items you collect will be small. I thank the gods in the heavens for the small size of the Arc and Sure Fire flashlights!

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Yeah my family started calling me a flashlight salesman because I keep talking about the finer points of all these lights. brightnorm if you don't drink or don't smoke you have to spend your money on something....flashlights maybe.

PS this is in honor of telephony's torlet testing

toilet_claw.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carpe Diem:
...I thank the gods in the heavens for the small size of the Arc and Sure Fire flashlights!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, me too. Sure makes it easier to hide them from my wife.
grin.gif

Eric

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:

PS this is in honor of telephony's torlet testing
toilet_claw.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that's one hungry Toilet bowl, and it sure does well flushing larger objects. I could put one of those things in and never have to take out the garbage again.
grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Collecting is a slippery slope

You got that right! I`m a totally addicted collector, since years ago but it really took off when I got internet access in the summer of 2000 and stumbled into Ebay!

Lights, lots of lights- if it glows, I`m probably interested. There are over 2000 light bulbs of all ages, shapes and sizes packed in boxes in the attic, nearly 300 boxed christmas light sets down here, countless light switches, sockets, plugs, etc, cluttering up drawers and more boxes not to mention probably over 50 torches strewn over the room and along the windowsill at present (and yes....a Light Cannon will soon join them
grin.gif
grin.gif
). I have hardly any open space left, hence why the light bulbs are in the attic, soon to be swapped over with all those christmas lights when I pack them away tomorrow (it`s a seasonal changeover, the only way I get to display them!).

But will I stop? No chance! There is no cure
shocked.gif

Oh well, beats being normal....

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
confused.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
... and demonstrated it. Everyone said "wow, that's bright!" and went about their business, showing no further interest. [GOSH - THE SILLIES !!! ] What is the matter with these people? Don't they realize how great this is?
Brightnorm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, do I know that feeling - even the most outwardly sensible people can be so cold towards my well-meant "educational" lectures ......
frown.gif

Re: collecting - I once knew a guy who collected public transport timetables !!!
Very Strange ......
rolleyes.gif

lightlover
smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
Collecting is a slippery slope

You got that right! I`m a totally addicted collector, since years ago but it really took off when I got internet access in the summer of 2000 and stumbled into Ebay!

But will I stop? No chance! There is no cure

Oh well, beats being normal....

::
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For sure!

MarcV

Enlightened
Gee, you guys make me feel wonderful. I only have 30 or 40 lights which puts me in the casual, novice, class. I had begun to think of myself as addicted. Now I realize I'm only mildly afflicted.

What a relief! I feel so much better.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
I have hardly any open space left, hence why the light bulbs are in the attic, soon to be swapped over with all those christmas lights when I pack them away tomorrow (it`s a seasonal changeover, the only way I get to display them!).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like we're on the same timetable. Today is the last day my big light display will be operating too, then they're going to be carefully and lovingly packed away to shine again another season. But next season they'll have company. After Christmas, I took advantage of the steep discount sales on Christmas stuff and bought around $200 worth of lights for $30.

A lot of boxes of chaser lights and a lot of new "ribbon" lights were among these (around 2,000 additional lights total), all to debut in the 2002 holiday season.

After tomorrow, the only "Christmas" lights that will remain up are several strings of Forever Brights (blue and multicolor) hanging above my workstations & in the hall.

P.S.
I got my hands on some old but working GE NE-48 bayonet base neon glow bulbs if you want a couple.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
yep im treated the same way by everyone. although you guys got it good. trust me if you think that hiding stuff from your wife is hard you would never make it with my parents. in fact they just said that if i value my life i wont buy any thing else until my $450 debt is under $100(i use their credit card, who knows what would happen if i got my own although i could if i wanted). man i just saw the arc ls at dept. services last night, too. do they really have it. if so maybe death is a good thing.
rolleyes.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my hands on some old but working GE NE-48 bayonet base neon glow bulbs if you want a couple.

Thanks
grin.gif

I just sent you a private message about them...

tongue.gif