Lumaray...?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the ugliest light I've ever seen, on the other hand? Does someone own one of these things. If so, what's it like?

chiphead

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I don't have one, but I think it has a very interesting design.

It is on my list as a potential future purchase.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since they use the newer Nichias, the Lumaray12 has got to be a pretty useful light. I think I like the design too. Looking forward to whatever single cell offering they have at Shot this year. :)

Taylorf

Enlightened
I do not own one, but I like the design because it is unique. It would definitely catch someones eye. It is pretty bright and has a long runtime too. I cant wait to see the single cell they will be offering either.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
I also love the design of this light and will be a possible purchase in the future. Their single cell will most liking have a funky futuristic design I'll assume.

RadarGreg

Enlightened
Ugly?!? Are you looking at the same light? The FL12 is a work of engineering beauty. You can tell a lot of thought went into the design of the body and head. The LEDs are also perfectly matched and provide excellent throw as well as flood. The glow material in the head is an excellent idea and would be helpful if incorporated into other lights as well. The only other thing I'd add might be a Tritium vial in the tail area for location in total blackout and when you haven't used the light in a while. The reviews on many websites are all very positive for this light. The design of the light is one area where even the non-flashaholics agreed it is futuristic looking and attention getting.

I bought mine back in November and use it frequently. It isn't an EDC due to the size, but I keep it handy in the house for lighting needs. This is probably not a light you'd buy someone as a gift unless they were into flashlights. I think that would go to a Fenix L1P or maybe a AAA or AA 3W Luxeon. The C cell batteries it uses makes it economical to feed and readily available. Like many speciality lights, it is user preference on what they consider an attractive design. However, I don't think many here would refuse delivery of a FL12 or even a PK Porcupine because it was ugly. :grin2:

SuperNinja

Enlightened
It looks like something the alien in the movie "Predator" would have.

I would buy one if it was a little cheaper, or if it was made out of metal.

Last edited:

my name is fake

Enlightened
i have the FL6.

ugly? hardly. call me crazy but i find myself admiring at the design every single day. It is such a work of art/engineering.Its also my regular indoor flashlight.
I loved it so much i took it to work for an adult show & tell...:laughing:

to be honest, i bought the FL6 purely for its form, not so much its function...

iced_theater

Enlightened
I like the light, and if I actually thought I'd have a use for it, I'd probably buy one. The only thing I can see as wrong with the light is it's not regulated. I'd seriously consider buying one if it were, even though I don't actually have any use at all for it.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ugly??!?!

that is so nice!!! you should bang your head against a wall(no kidding)

there is no light in the world that is as unique like the lumaray's fl12 and lf6

it uses 3 C cells which is has some good capacity and small for the capacity:size ratio.

and if it is regulated it would kill all the other 5mm led lights maker.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
And there's so many other great lights priced way too close to it. For another $30 yoou can get Wayne's QuadStar. For $40 more you can get Wayne's Pentalux. It's a V E R Y cool light but cool will only get you so far...

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an FL-6. I do not find it ugly at all IN PERSON. Some photos of it are not entirely complimentary. It works fine, throws well, has a distinctive "afterglow", stands in candle mode, has multiple lanyard attachment points, ... a-n-d, it looks cool.

I am definately interested to see what Lumaray does next.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must confess that it would look interest hanging from my backpack. It does have sort of ...lightsaber apperance.

chiphead