building new pc

raggie33

*the raggedier*
maybe i think my dad will get me new motherboard and cpu for birthday frys been running a sale on the biostar mobo maybe its ecs i forget but uses the nforce 3 chipset it comes with a sperson 3100 for like 90 bucks i love building computers

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
You seem to know a lot about Mobos, Raggie, so I have a question.

Whenever I visit my local computer store and walk over to the scratch-and-dent section (returned and closeouut stuff), I always see a LOT of MSI motherboards there. Rarely do I see an ASUS, IBM, ECS or other brand of mobo at that table. It's almost always MSI with a scattering of DFIs.

What's the deal with MSI? Should I be afraid of them? :thinking:

carrot

Flashaholic
PhotonWrangler said:
What's the deal with MSI? Should I be afraid of them? :thinking:

I have an MSI MicroATX mainboard. Quite happy with it. Haven't had any problems with it, and been running the machine for over a year, about 24/7. No stability problems either (sometimes stability issues can come from components, not just the OS).

raggie33

*the raggedier*
perhaps they sell a lot of msi boards the more they sell the more that will be returend or perhaps msi used them bad caps for a bit there was bad caps on boards. but i like msi. i realy never had a bad mtoehr board i had some who had bad drivers at first ecs is very cheap but i had one b3fore it was so stable i prefare aus and abit cause they overclcok well