RofisLight        

Thread: building new pc

Default building new pc

maybe i think my dad will get me new motherboard and cpu for birthday frys been running a sale on the biostar mobo maybe its ecs i forget but uses the nforce 3 chipset it comes with a sperson 3100 for like 90 bucks i love building computers
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Default Re: building new pc

You seem to know a lot about Mobos, Raggie, so I have a question.

Whenever I visit my local computer store and walk over to the scratch-and-dent section (returned and closeouut stuff), I always see a LOT of MSI motherboards there. Rarely do I see an ASUS, IBM, ECS or other brand of mobo at that table. It's almost always MSI with a scattering of DFIs.

What's the deal with MSI? Should I be afraid of them?
    Veni vidi velcro

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler
    What's the deal with MSI? Should I be afraid of them?
    I have an MSI MicroATX mainboard. Quite happy with it. Haven't had any problems with it, and been running the machine for over a year, about 24/7. No stability problems either (sometimes stability issues can come from components, not just the OS).
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

perhaps they sell a lot of msi boards the more they sell the more that will be returend or perhaps msi used them bad caps for a bit there was bad caps on boards. but i like msi. i realy never had a bad mtoehr board i had some who had bad drivers at first ecs is very cheap but i had one b3fore it was so stable i prefare aus and abit cause they overclcok well
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.